Check out these related products
- $47.40 List price $76.00Save $28.60
- $48.23 Was $57.31Save $9.08
- $17.70 Was $21.08Save $3.38
- $10.98 Was $11.58Save $0.60
- $12.89 Was $14.00Save $1.11
- $13.43 List price $14.95Save $1.52
- $14.09 List price $16.00Save $1.91
- $22.57 List price $27.95Save $5.38
- $12.06 List price $16.00Save $3.94
- $21.00 Was $24.01Save $3.01
Consider these popular products
- $9.52 List price $16.00Save $6.48
- $15.00 List price $25.00Save $10.00
- $9.51 Was $11.17Save $1.66
- $8.10 List price $12.95Save $4.85
- $15.32 List price $22.99Save $7.67
- $16.75 Was $18.11Save $1.36
- $19.14 List price $26.99Save $7.85
- $12.54 List price $16.00Save $3.46
- $11.52 List price $15.99Save $4.47
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Presents a recipe-augmented family history that traces the origins of the author's love affair with food to her Midwestern youth and her parents' San Francisco pizza parlor, where signature dishes created sumptuous memories.
A delicious memoir from the author of "The Sharper Your Knife, The Less You Cry"
A family history interwoven with recipes, "Burnt Toast Makes You Sing Good "returns readers to the mix of food and memoir beloved by readers of her bestselling "The Sharper Your Knife, The Less You Cry." "Burnt Toast Makes You Sing Good "explores the very beginnings of Flinn's love affair with food and its connection to home. It is the story of her Midwestern childhood, its memo-rable home cooks, and the delicious reci-pes she grew up with. Flinn shares tales of her parents' pizza parlor in San Francisco, where they sold Uncle Clarence's popular oven-fried chicken, as well as recipes for the vats of chili made by her former Army cook Grandpa Charles, fluffy Swedish pancakes from Grandma Inez and cinna-mon rolls for birthday breakfasts. Through these flavors, Flinn came to understand how meals can be memories, and how cooking can be a form of communica-tion. Brimming with warmth and wit, this book is sure to appeal to Flinn's many fans as well as readers of Marcus Samuelsson, Luisa Weiss, and Julie Powell.
|Number of Pages:||266|
|Publisher:||Penguin Group USA|
|Publication Date:||August, 2014|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||6.25 x 9.25 x 1.00 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.