Check out these related products
- $53.17 List price $65.00Save $11.83
- $60.54 List price $64.95Save $4.41
- $25.24 Was $26.93Save $1.69
- $50.23 List price $59.95Save $9.72
- $42.00 List price $47.00Save $5.00
- $52.68 List price $59.95Save $7.27
Consider these popular products
- $10.01 List price $13.99Save $3.98
- $15.95 List price $27.99Save $12.04
- $21.49 List price $30.00Save $8.51
- $19.44 List price $27.99Save $8.55
- $14.20 List price $20.00Save $5.80
- $16.34 List price $22.95Save $6.61
- $9.13 List price $16.00Save $6.87
- $12.82 Was $14.95Save $2.13
- $12.40 Was $14.08Save $1.68
- $9.98 List price $15.95Save $5.97
- $17.75 List price $22.00Save $4.25
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Hardcover, Wisdom Tree, 2014, ISBN13 9788183283229, ISBN10 8183283225
Beyond a Billion Ballots is an insightful advocacy of a range of political reforms aimed at making India a resurgent republic. In the process, the book reviews various challenges faced by democracy the world over, focussing on issues pertaining to the lack of robust development of its institutions, particularly the political parties. Holding the 'crisis of purpose' in party politics responsible for the weak organisational health of parties, the author unfolds a link between activism bereft of ideology, representation sans results and democracy without deliverables. Written more from a practitioner's viewpoint, the book builds a strong case for liberating political parties from the trap of populist politics through a set of key systemic changes in India's democratic infrastructure.
|Number of Pages:||328|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Publication Date:||May, 2014|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.