Check out these related products
- $13.01 Was $14.00Save $0.99
- $19.57 List price $27.95Save $8.38
- $11.78 List price $16.00Save $4.22
- $10.09 List price $16.95Save $6.86
- $12.69 List price $15.00Save $2.31
- $21.40 List price $27.00Save $5.60
- $17.85 Was $18.98Save $1.13
- $20.62 Was $23.40Save $2.78
- $16.46 Was $17.65Save $1.19
- $14.51 List price $25.95Save $11.44
- $19.22 List price $25.95Save $6.73
- $21.96 List price $27.00Save $5.04
Consider these popular products
- $17.67 List price $25.99Save $8.32
- $17.47 List price $27.95Save $10.48
- $8.31 List price $12.95Save $4.64
- $10.40 Was $11.30Save $0.90
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Determined to find the half-sister who was given away after her violent conception in the late-1930s Minnesota wilderness, Hux discovers that the neglected girl has grown up completely wild, causing Hux to fear that they cannot share family life.
From the celebrated author of "The Bird Sisters, " a gorgeously rendered and emotionally charged novel that spans generations, telling the story of two siblings, raised apart, attempting to share a life.
It is 1938 when Eveline, a young bride, follows her husband into the wilderness of Minnesota. Though their cabin is rundown, they have a river full of fish, a garden out back, and a new baby boy named Hux. But when Emil leaves to take care of his sick father, the unthinkable happens: a stranger arrives, and Eveline becomes pregnant. She gives the child away, and while Hux grows up hunting and fishing in the woods with his parents, his sister, Naamah, is raised an orphan. Years later, haunted by the knowledge of this forsaken girl, Hux decides to find his sister and bring her home to the cabin. But Naamah, even wilder than the wilderness that surrounds them, may make it impossible for Hux to ever tame her, to ever make up for all that she, and they, have lost. Set before a backdrop of vanishing forest, this is a luminous novel of love, regret, and hope.
|Number of Pages:||333|
|Publisher:||Random House Inc|
|Publication Date:||July, 2014|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.