Check out these related products
- $25.87 Was $27.95Save $2.08
- $20.39 List price $24.95Save $4.56
- $24.00 List price $30.00Save $6.00
- $24.22 List price $29.95Save $5.73
- $27.05 List price $32.00Save $4.95
- $18.79 List price $25.00Save $6.21
- $18.83 List price $27.99Save $9.16
- $24.27 List price $30.00Save $5.73
- $25.73 List price $35.00Save $9.27
Consider these popular products
- $16.39 List price $26.00Save $9.61
- $8.68 Was $9.53Save $0.85
- $11.05 List price $19.95Save $8.90
- $11.22 List price $17.95Save $6.73
- $10.62 Was $11.18Save $0.56
- $17.25 List price $26.95Save $9.70
- $14.76 List price $16.95Save $2.19
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
"The noted scholars in this collection expose the backstage stories about surprises that disrupted the smooth trajectory of their research. With both dignity and beauty, the collection as a whole evokes the risks, uncertainty, and excitement of innovative social science research"--
At a time when an emphasis on productivity in higher education threatens to undermine well-crafted research, these highly reflexive essays capture the sometimes profound intellectual effects that may accompany disrupted scholarship. They reveal that over long periods of time relationships with people studied invariably change, sometimes in dramatic ways. They illustrate how world events such as 9/11 and economic cycles impact individual biographies.
Some researchers describe how disruptions prompted them to expand the boundaries of their discipline and invent concepts that could more accurately describe phenomena that previously had no name and no scholarly history. Sometimes scholars themselves caused the disruption as they circled back to work they had considered "done" and allowed the possibility of rethinking earlier findings.
|Number of Pages:||281|
|Author:||Nelson, Margaret K. , Hertz, Rosanna , Garey, Anita Ilta|
|Publisher:||Vanderbilt Univ Pr|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||6.00 x 9.00 x 1.00 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.