Check out these related products
- $40.05 List price $44.95Save $4.90
- $40.44 List price $44.95Save $4.51
- $65.89 List price $70.95Save $5.06
- $49.80 List price $52.95Save $3.15
- $1,323.27 List price $1485.00Save $161.73
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Paperback, Taylor & Francis, 2014, ISBN13 9780415657310, ISBN10 0415657318
A high proportion of crimes committed in Britain are drugs-related, with many offenders having a documented history of drug use. However, the direct link between drugs and crime is often less clear than is supposed and this text attempts to achieve a better understanding of these and surrounding issues that have been marred by misunderstanding and a lack of consensus amongst experts.
This text offers a major contribution to existing debates and provides an authoritative and much-needed overview of the range of issues associated with drugs-related crime. Coverage includes:
- a discussion on theoretical approaches to drugs and crime,
- an overview of the legal position on drugs and drug offenders,
- a critique of the aims and nature of treatment,
- an examination of trafficking and laundering,
- an analysis of the policing of drugs markets,
- a discussion about the legalisation debates.
This new edition has been fully updated to include the latest data and recent developments in policy and particular attention is paid to changes in sentencing and treatment, as well as changes to practice in trafficking. An expanded chapter on women, drugs and crime now offers further coverage of drug-taking and prostitution.
This is the only book in Britain which centres on the links between drugs and crime, and deals with the policy implications of that link. It is a comprehensive account of the various aspects of Government policy concerning drugs, and should be particularly useful to academics and students interested in or studying this aspect of criminology.
|Number of Pages:||304|
|Publisher:||Taylor & Francis|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $16.39 List price $26.00Save $9.61
- $8.68 Was $9.53Save $0.85
- $11.05 List price $19.95Save $8.90
- $11.22 List price $17.95Save $6.73
- $10.62 Was $11.18Save $0.56
- $17.25 List price $26.95Save $9.70
- $14.76 List price $16.95Save $2.19
- $12.25 List price $16.00Save $3.75