Check out these related products
- $31.75 List price $35.00Save $3.25
- $35.64 Was $40.00Save $4.36
Consider these popular products
- $59.10 List price $82.95Save $23.85
- $25.49 List price $54.99Save $29.50
- $117.00 List price $144.00Save $27.00
- $96.15 List price $133.00Save $36.85
- $62.06 List price $104.00Save $41.94
- $35.33 List price $41.95Save $6.62
- $20.84 List price $34.99Save $14.15
- $59.43 List price $74.95Save $15.52
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Paperback, Sage Pubns, 2013, ISBN13 9781446267639, ISBN10 1446267636
As medical advances become more sophisticated, average life expectancies continue to grow. This presents significant challenges to the health care system, and caring for older people is now every nurse's concern. This book aims to help nursing students understand how to care for older people in any care setting. It uniquely focuses on person-centred, humanised care in addition to physical care, helping students to examine attitudes towards older people in health care and combat negative stereotypes. The book takes a positive stance on ageing, celebrating the fact that in the Western world we live longer and healthier with a focus on the well-being of the individual.
- Easy-to-read introduction for nursing students, with a chapter on making the most of placements with older people;
- Linked to the latest NMC Standards and Essential Skills Clusters for degree-level education;
- Theory is linked to practice through case studies and scenarios, emphasising the lived experiences of the older person;
- Plenty of activities help build critical thinking and graduate skills;
- Further resources on the book's website to help you in your teaching including additional questions and case studies, website links, and PDFs of useful resources.
|Number of Pages:||240|
|Series Title:||Transforming Nursing Practice|
|Publication Date:||November, 2013|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.