Check out these related products
- $37.43 List price $60.00Save $22.57
- $24.95 List price $45.00Save $20.05
- $51.49 List price $65.00Save $13.51
- $53.73 List price $65.00Save $11.27
- $46.78 List price $75.00Save $28.22
- $45.00 List price $50.00Save $5.00
- $19.80 List price $25.00Save $5.20
- $32.37 List price $40.00Save $7.63
Consider these popular products
- $40.99 List price $65.00Save $24.01
- $20.85 List price $29.99Save $9.14
- $25.52 List price $39.95Save $14.43
- $32.00 List price $45.00Save $13.00
- $16.81 List price $21.54Save $4.73
- $10.54 Was $12.94Save $2.40
- $74.17 List price $95.00Save $20.83
- $13.92 List price $24.00Save $10.08
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Paperback, Yale University Press, 2014, ISBN13 9780300196412, ISBN10 0300196415
Canadian filmmaker and artist Michael Snow (b. 1928) is known as a pioneer of conceptualist and multimedia practice. His seminal film "Wavelength" (1967), described as a "45-minute zoom," investigates the relationship between time and space, a subject the artist has explored throughout his career in a variety of mediums. Although considered one of the most important experimental filmmakers of his generation, Snow is less known in the United States for his visual art, including photography.
"Michael Snow: Photo-Centric" focuses on a selection of the artist's photographic work from 1962 to the present. The book considers Snow's interest in late modernism's self-reflexivity and, specifically, his exploration of how the mechanics of photography affect perception, cognition, and consciousness. Essays by Adelina Vlas and the artist himself consider the importance of Snow's photographic work within his larger practice, its connection with and continuation of modernist ideas, and its experimental quality within the history of the medium.
|Number of Pages:||60|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Author:||Snow, Michael , Vlas, Adelina|
|Publisher:||Yale Univ Pr|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||8.00 x 9.75 x 0.25 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.