Check out these related products
- $18.20 List price $25.00Save $6.80
- $12.43 List price $14.99Save $2.56
- $18.30 List price $19.95Save $1.65
- $10.97 List price $13.95Save $2.98
- $8.60 List price $14.99Save $6.39
- $10.91 Was $14.33Save $3.42
- $12.51 List price $17.99Save $5.48
Consider these popular products
- $12.91 List price $19.00Save $6.09
- $17.21 List price $22.95Save $5.74
- $19.82 List price $26.00Save $6.18
- $14.30 List price $21.00Save $6.70
- $12.99 List price $20.95Save $7.96
- $11.47 List price $14.95Save $3.48
- $10.30 Was $13.10Save $2.80
- $9.96 List price $12.95Save $2.99
- $5.96 Was $6.95Save $0.99
- $6.20 List price $6.95Save $0.75
- $8.58 Was $10.84Save $2.26
- $16.60 List price $22.95Save $6.35
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Interweaving his own experiences throughout, a journalist explores the life cycle of the salmon, addressing the pressing matter of conservation issues and human management, which in the past has led to quickly decreasing populations.
A fascinating journey into the extraordinary world of the king of fish: the salmon. This beautiful book explores the natural history of this most mysterious of fishes.
Michael Wigan explores the life cycle of the salmon, weaving his own experiences and stories of salmon fishing and spotting into an evocative narrative. Crucially, he addresses the pressing matter of conservation issues and human management, which in the past has led to fast decreasing populations. History suggests it is the pressure of human development which has narrowed down the survival zone of the salmon, and the author questions whether we can go on altering natural systems and freshwater rivers in order to make space for human populations, and do so in sync with fish needs.
In his unique and passionate voice, the author transports us to another world his writing is beautifully evocative and his excitement for the salmon palpable throughout.
|Number of Pages:||384|
|Publication Date:||October, 2013|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.