Check out these related products
- $14.62 List price $18.00Save $3.38
- $11.83 Was $15.72Save $3.89
- $15.61 Was $20.70Save $5.09
- $20.96 Was $22.68Save $1.72
- $19.57 Was $20.82Save $1.25
- $17.35 List price $26.95Save $9.60
Mister Owita's Guide to Gardening: How I Learned the Unexpected Joy of a Green Thumb and an Open Heart
Consider these popular products
- $204.68 List price $240.60Save $35.92
- $193.12 List price $232.60Save $39.48
- $177.33 List price $199.00Save $21.67
- $265.48 List price $315.95Save $50.47
- $14.95 List price $17.95Save $3.00
- $12.43 Was $13.09Save $0.66
- $11.39 List price $18.99Save $7.60
- $29.59 List price $35.00Save $5.41
- $224.87 List price $257.00Save $32.13
- $257.95 Was $270.33Save $12.38
- $12.39 List price $16.95Save $4.56
- $196.83 List price $227.20Save $30.37
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Describes how a period of transition in the author's life marked by her empty nest, a recent illness, and her aging parents led her to forge a deep friendship with a gifted Kenyan gardener with whom she transformed her yard.
A true story of a unique friendship between two people who had nothing--and ultimately everything--in common.
Carol Wall, a white woman living in a lily-white neighborhood in Middle America, was at a crossroads in her life. Her children were grown; she had successfully overcome illness; her beloved parents were getting older. One day she notices a dark-skinned African man tending her neighbor's yard. His name is Giles Owita. He bags groceries at the supermarket. He comes from Kenya. And he's very good at gardening.
Before long Giles is transforming not only Carol's yard, but her life. Though they are seemingly quite different, a caring bond grows between them. But they both hold long-buried secrets that, when revealed, will cement their friendship forever.
|Number of Pages:||294|
|Publisher:||Penguin Group USA|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||6.25 x 9.00 x 1.25 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.