Fat, Stupid, Ugly: One Woman's Courage to Survive
Check out these related products
- $9.00 List price $12.95Save $3.95
- $9.15 List price $12.95Save $3.80
- $11.35 List price $12.95Save $1.60
- $7.53 List price $10.95Save $3.42
- $8.28 List price $11.95Save $3.67
- $9.80 List price $12.95Save $3.15
- $12.25 List price $12.95Save $0.70
- $6.93 Was $8.14Save $1.21
- $12.99 Was $14.15Save $1.16
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
The founder of the "A Place Called Home" youth mentoring program describes the cruel labeling in her childhood that established her low self-esteem, her adult alcohol abuse, her divorces, and her battle with cancer before she found the courage and hope to survive. Original. 50,000 first printing.
In the spirit of A Child Called "It" comes an amazing story of resilience from a woman who triumphed over child abuse, cancer, and alcoholism to founder of A Place Called Home. "I began life, it would seem, as some kind of Grimm's fairy tale creature, large and oafish, undesirable, grossly imperfect. Neatly penned in my baby book were the words, 'Debbie was a fat, unattractive baby.' Fat and ugly aside, my life was fairly normal for a couple of years. It would be a while before the abuse began. Before the smoking and pills, the rage and rebellion, the alcoholism and cancer, the broken marriages.
In those first uncomplicated years I could have set out on any of a dozen different paths toward an orderly life . . . it was not to be. . . . But this is not a story of defeat."
This is a book about surviving. It's about hope. It's about how each of us-ordinary, imperfect, damaged-can dream and heal. This book weaves the humorous, often outrageous, always courageous tapestry of Debrah Constance's life. Voted Woman of the Year by the State of California Legislature for founding A Place Called Home, (APCH) an organization providing services to at-risk inner-city kids in South Los Angeles, she proves that anyone can rise above life's obstacles and make a better life for themselves-and others.
|Number of Pages:||218|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Author:||Constance, Debrah , Marshall, Penny L.|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.50 x 8.25 x 0.75 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $8.62 List price $15.00Save $6.38
- $10.20 List price $17.00Save $6.80
- $20.93 Was $25.22Save $4.29
- $7.38 List price $14.99Save $7.61
- $10.45 List price $14.95Save $4.50
- $12.05 List price $14.99Save $2.94
- $10.35 List price $12.39Save $2.04
- $5.79 List price $10.00Save $4.21
- $11.09 Was $12.85Save $1.76
- $5.36 List price $5.95Save $0.59
- $7.77 List price $9.99Save $2.22
- $5.55 List price $7.99Save $2.44