Customers also viewed these products
- $5.19 List price $8.99Save $3.80
- $16.99 Was $20.11Save $3.12
- $12.05 Was $13.45Save $1.40
- $29.14 List price $35.00Save $5.86
- $11.83 List price $22.00Save $10.17
- $13.42 List price $21.99Save $8.57
Forensics for Dummies
Check out these related products
- $28.64 List price $34.95Save $6.31
- $16.99 Was $20.32Save $3.33
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
An introduction and reference for the increasingly popular field describes the science and procedure of forensics through case studies.
A plain-English primer on crime scene investigation that's a must for fans of CSI or Patricia Cornwell
Since the O. J. Simpson case, popular interest in forensic science has exploded: CBS's CSI has 16 to 26 million viewers every week, and Patricia Cornwell's novels featuring a medical examiner sleuth routinely top bestseller lists, to cite just a few examples. Now, everyone can get the lowdown on the science behind crime scene investigations. Using lots of fascinating case studies, forensics expert Dr. D. P. Lyle clues people in on everything from determining cause and time of death to fingerprints, fibers, blood, ballistics, forensic computing, and forensic psychology. With its clear, entertaining explanations of forensic procedures and techniques, this book will be an indispensable reference for mystery fans and true crime aficionados everywhere-and even includes advice for people interested in forensic science careers.
D. P. Lyle, MD (Laguna Hills, CA), is a practicing cardiologist who is also a forensics expert and mystery writer. He runs a Web site that answers writers' questions about forensics, dplylemd.com, and is the author of Murder and Mayhem: A Doctor Answers Medical and Forensic Questions for Writers, as well as several mystery novels. John Pless, MD, is Professor Emeritus of Pathology at Indiana University School of Medicine and former President of the National Association of Medical Examiners.
|Number of Pages:||356|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Author:||Lyle, D. P.|
|Series Title:||For Dummies|
|Publisher:||John Wiley & Sons Inc|
|Publication Date:||April, 2004|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||7.50 x 9.50 x 1.25 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $212.22 List price $271.67Save $59.45
- $7.53 List price $16.00Save $8.47
- $7.22 List price $8.49Save $1.27
- $10.85 List price $18.99Save $8.14
- $15.36 List price $22.00Save $6.64
- $168.11 List price $178.20Save $10.09
- $11.19 List price $16.00Save $4.81
- $11.42 Was $12.19Save $0.77
- $8.25 List price $18.99Save $10.74
- $185.92 List price $238.00Save $52.08
- $111.87 Was $117.03Save $5.16
- $27.84 List price $33.20Save $5.36
- $14.54 List price $17.00Save $2.46