Check out these related products
- $17.57 List price $24.95Save $7.38
- $21.20 List price $24.99Save $3.79
- $18.69 List price $22.95Save $4.26
- $14.92 List price $22.99Save $8.07
- $17.32 List price $25.99Save $8.67
- $23.02 List price $31.00Save $7.98
- $13.98 List price $22.95Save $8.97
- $21.19 List price $25.95Save $4.76
- $24.29 List price $26.99Save $2.70
- $18.67 List price $22.95Save $4.28
- $15.51 List price $19.99Save $4.48
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
GOING THE DISTANCE 
"Going the Distance" is a baseball novel with a difference; a multilayered love story, a celebration of both America s game and the New York landscape. John Jack Flynn was a major league pitcher with all-star promise. But on the day of the 1979 All-Star game, he finds himself back in the North Country of New York where he was born, his career cut short by an injury, no recollection as to how he came to be back there with a beautiful woman he doesn t recognize beside him in the passenger seat of his car. The mystery of this passenger is but the first of many mysteries in this richly poetic, deeply moving, and sometimes comic novel.
Flynn faces losses much greater than the end of an athletic career. In a journey both to recover his past and to find a place and time to begin life anew, he faces perhaps the most difficult decision a human being must make. In the process he garners support from a band of magical characters: a mystical girl who tells fortunes with baseball cards; a onetime bird dog baseball scout who dresses in a hazmat body suit to avoid polluting himself with human contact; a former teammate, a homerun hitter and juju man who comes to the rescue from the sky; and, most of all, that woman beside Flynn who teaches him how to love again, or perhaps for the first time."
|Number of Pages:||236|
|Publisher:||State Univ of New York Pr|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||6.00 x 8.75 x 0.75 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $10.82 Was $12.28Save $1.46
- $14.99 List price $19.99Save $5.00
- $6.18 List price $9.99Save $3.81
- $7.37 List price $10.00Save $2.63
- $19.49 List price $30.00Save $10.51
- $17.40 List price $29.00Save $11.60