Check out these related products
- $17.99 List price $19.98Save $1.99
- $5.79 List price $9.98Save $4.19
- $8.27 List price $14.99Save $6.72
- $16.18 List price $20.95Save $4.77
- $14.88 List price $24.95Save $10.07
- $17.49 List price $24.99Save $7.50
- $17.42 List price $21.99Save $4.57
- $16.90 List price $29.98Save $13.08
- $17.49 List price $19.99Save $2.50
- $9.99 List price $14.99Save $5.00
- $7.47 Was $8.06Save $0.59
- $8.51 List price $14.98Save $6.47
- $15.12 List price $20.95Save $5.83
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Bright Shining Lie, A DVD Movie 1998
Adapted from Neil Sheehan's 1988 Pulitzer Prize-winning best-seller, this $14-million TV docudrama, re-creating the Vietnam War with convincing combat footage, was the most expensive two-hour movie ever produced by HBO Pictures. Lieutenant Colonel John Paul Vann (Bill Paxton) spends ten years (1962-72) in Vietnam. When Vann exposes falsified casualty figures, deceptive battle reports, and other lies about the war, journalist Steven Burnett (Donal Logue) relays the truth to American newspapers, and Vann takes heat from higher-ups. Meanwhile, he's involved with a Vietnamese teacher (Vivian Wu), and his wife (Amy Madigan) is forced to lie so he won't be court-martialed for sexual relations with an underage Vietnamese girl. Back for a second tour, he gets another young Vietnamese woman pregnant and is forced to marry her. Returning in 1968 as a civilian, he's decorated and eventually promoted to general for his contributions during the Tet offensive. The music track features Grace Slick singing "Somebody to Love" while peasant villages are bombed. Filmed in Lompburi, Thailand. Premiered May 30, 1998 on HBO. ~ Bhob Stewart, Rovi.
Complete with cast bios.
Subtitles: English (Closed Captioned).
|Actors:||Ed Lauter, Lim Kay Tong, Donal Logue, Amy Madigan, Bill Paxton, Harve Presnell, James Rebhorn, Kurtwood Smith, Vivian Wu, Eric Bogosian|
|Studio & Production Company:||Warner Archives|
|Record Label:||Warner Bros. Digital Distribution|
|Movie Genre:||dvd - VIETNAM WAR|
|Features:|| 00 Final Format , Action/Adventure |
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- from $7.79
- $9.40 List price $14.98Save $5.58
- $6.89 List price $9.99Save $3.10
- $6.59 List price $19.99Save $13.40
- $15.99 List price $24.95Save $8.96
- $13.69 List price $19.95Save $6.26
- $16.36 List price $29.99Save $13.63
- $21.49 List price $29.95Save $8.46