Check out these related products
- $10.54 List price $15.95Save $5.41
- $12.07 List price $14.00Save $1.93
- $7.27 Was $11.28Save $4.01
- $10.92 List price $16.00Save $5.08
- $13.49 List price $15.00Save $1.51
- $11.28 List price $18.95Save $7.67
- $13.09 List price $16.00Save $2.91
- $11.58 Was $12.27Save $0.69
- $11.53 List price $15.00Save $3.47
- $9.87 List price $16.00Save $6.13
Consider these popular products
- $16.80 List price $28.00Save $11.20
- $9.60 List price $16.00Save $6.40
- $10.87 Was $12.02Save $1.15
- $11.22 List price $16.00Save $4.78
- $9.99 List price $16.00Save $6.01
- $50.03 List price $65.00Save $14.97
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Paperback, Penguin Group USA, 2013, ISBN13 9780143123743, ISBN10 0143123742
An exploration of how humans respond to novelty from the "New York Times""-"bestselling author of "Rapt"
Why are we attuned to the latest headline, diet craze, smartphone, and fashion statement? Why do we relish a change of scene, eye attractive strangers, and develop new interests?
Follow a crawling baby around and you'll see that right from the beginning, nothing excites us more than something new and different. Our unique human brains are biologically primed to engage with and even generate novelty. This "neophilia" has enabled us to thrive in a world of cataclysmic change, but now we confront an unprecedented deluge of new things--one that shows no sign of slowing. In "New" acclaimed behavioral science writer Winifred Gallagher, using cutting-edge research and interviews with countless experts, shows us how we can use our adaptive gift to navigate more skillfully through our rapidly changing world by focusing on the new things that really matter.
|Number of Pages:||259|
|Publisher:||Penguin Group USA|
|Publication Date:||September, 2013|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.30 x 7.75 x 0.80 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.