Check out these related products
- $15.17 List price $17.00Save $1.83
- $26.25 Was $30.59Save $4.34
- $23.91 List price $30.00Save $6.09
- $26.05 List price $35.00Save $8.95
- $28.91 List price $40.00Save $11.09
- $16.85 List price $25.00Save $8.15
- $11.83 List price $13.00Save $1.17
- $32.56 Was $35.79Save $3.23
- $8.83 List price $14.95Save $6.12
- $4.64 List price $7.00Save $2.36
Making Masterpiece: 25 Years Behind the Scenes at Masterpiece Theatre and Mystery! on PBS
Consider these popular products
- $212.22 List price $271.67Save $59.45
- $7.53 List price $16.00Save $8.47
- $7.22 List price $8.49Save $1.27
- $11.88 List price $18.99Save $7.11
- $15.36 List price $22.00Save $6.64
- $168.11 List price $178.20Save $10.09
- $13.98 List price $20.00Save $6.02
- $10.63 List price $16.00Save $5.37
- $11.42 Was $12.19Save $0.77
- $10.68 List price $18.99Save $8.31
- $185.92 List price $238.00Save $52.08
- $27.84 List price $33.20Save $5.36
- $14.54 List price $17.00Save $2.46
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Hardcover, Penguin Group USA, 2013, ISBN13 9780670015351, ISBN10 0670015350
The Emmy Award-winning producer of PBS's "Masterpiece Theatre "and "Mystery " reveals the secrets to "Downton Abbey," "Sherlock," and its other hit programs
For more than twenty-five years and counting, Rebecca Eaton has presided over PBS's "Masterpiece Theatre," the longest running weekly prime time drama series in American history. From the runaway hits
"Upstairs, Downstairs" and "The Buccaneers," to the hugely popular "Inspector Morse," "Prime Suspect," and "Poirot," "Masterpiece Theatre" and its sibling series "Mystery "have been required viewing for fans of quality drama.
Eaton interviews many of the writers, directors, producers, and other contributors and shares personal anecdotes--including photos taken with her own camera--about her decades-spanning career. She reveals what went on behind the scenes during such triumphs as "Cranford" and the multiple, highly-rated programs made from Jane Austen's novels, as well as her aggressive campaign to attract younger viewers via social media and online streaming. Along the way she shares stories about actors and other luminaries such as Alistair Cooke, Maggie Smith, Diana Rigg, Benedict Cumberbatch and Daniel Radcliffe, whose first TV role was as the title character in "David Copperfield."
Readers will also get to know Eaton on a personal level. With a childhood steeped in theater, an affinity for nineteenth century novels and culture, and an "accidental apprenticeship" with the BBC, Eaton was practically born to lead the "Masterpiece "and "Mystery " franchises. "Making Masterpiece" marks the first time the driving force behind the enduring flagship show reveals all.
|Number of Pages:||300|
|Author:||Eaton, Rebecca , Mulcahy, Patricia|
|Publisher:||Penguin Group USA|
|Publication Date:||October, 2013|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.