Callie's Biscuits and Southern Traditions: Heirloom Recipes from Our Family Kitchen
Check out these related products
- $18.88 List price $23.00Save $4.12
- $13.16 List price $18.00Save $4.84
- $23.33 Was $24.80Save $1.47
- $19.76 List price $23.00Save $3.24
- $20.00 List price $30.00Save $10.00
- $14.50 Was $19.38Save $4.88
- $13.36 Was $14.11Save $0.75
- $11.88 List price $16.99Save $5.11
- $15.34 List price $20.00Save $4.66
- $15.69 List price $18.00Save $2.31
- $19.24 List price $24.00Save $4.76
- $16.86 List price $26.99Save $10.13
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Mixing in personal stories and anecdotes and revealing her modern approach to traditional Southern cooking, the owner-entrepreneur of Callie's Biscuits serves up recipes for everything from her biscuits to maple pork, roasted chicken, and chess pie.
Carrie Morey started her company, Callie's Charleston Biscuits, with a simple goal: She wanted to make her mother Callie's delicious biscuits--unbelievably tender, buttery creations--accessible across the country. Carrie's handmade biscuits combine unique, brilliant flavors--sharp cheddar with fresh chives, cracked black pepper with cream cheese and green onions, and cinnamon biscuits so buttery they melt in your mouth. The biscuits are an iconic Southern staple, but they are just the beginning.
Now Carrie Morey shares her modern approach to traditional Southern cooking in more than one hundred recipes that pair classic Lowcountry fare with surprising twists, for incredible results. Carrie guides you through the foundational techniques of Southern cooking to reveal how she developed her new takes on favorite heritage dishes and how to take the fuss and huge time investment out of traditional preparations. She shares skillet recipes passed down through generations, including Lemon Zest Cast-Iron Fried Shrimp, Macaroni Pie, and Cast-Iron Herb Lamb Chops. She gives roasting and slow-cooking techniques for Beef Stew with Herbed Sour Cream, Spicy Black-Eyed Pea Salad, and Roasted Pimento Cheese Chicken. Her DILLicious Cucumber Sandwiches, BBQ Chicken Salad Biscuits, Fiery Pimento Cheese Deviled Eggs, and Summer Crab Salad will make any picnic or casual get-together a true Southern affair. And her desserts are to die for: Mama's Sour Cream Banana Pudding, Alex's Chocolate Chess Pie (so good that Carrie credits the pie for sparking her and her husband's whirlwind romance), and Blueberry and Peach Cobbler finish your meal on the perfect sweet note.
Carrie also shares her family stories behind each recipe--growing up in Charleston, learning to cook from great Southern matriarchs, and founding and growing her business. Fill your kitchen with the comforting aroma of home-cooked goodness with "Callie's Biscuits and Southern Traditions."
|Number of Pages:||257|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||7.75 x 9.50 x 1.00 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $16.69 Was $18.06Save $1.37
- $12.29 Was $13.25Save $0.96
- $10.66 Was $11.50Save $0.84
- $11.84 List price $16.95Save $5.11
- $9.59 Was $10.62Save $1.03
- $17.49 List price $24.99Save $7.50
- $9.24 List price $14.95Save $5.71
- $17.85 List price $30.00Save $12.15
- $9.66 List price $19.99Save $10.33
- $12.47 List price $17.99Save $5.52
- $11.46 Was $13.94Save $2.48
- $9.89 Was $11.55Save $1.66