Take Me Home (Deluxe Yearbook Edition)
Customers also considered
- $24.53 List price $30.99Save $6.46
Check out these related products
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Take Me Home (Deluxe Yearbook Edition)
After placing third in the 2010 season of Britain's The X Factor, five-member boy band One Direction inked a record deal with mega-exec/TV personality Simon Cowell and released their debut album, 2011's Up All Night. A global sensation, the album garnered several hit singles and sold millions of copies worldwide. It also faired pretty well with critics, who appreciated the band's mix of melodic songcraft and catchy, dance-oriented material that, while slickly produced, avoided the commercial cynicism and adult contemporary posturing of some of their '80s and '90s forebears. Rather than mess with a good thing, One Direction stick with this formula on the band's sophomore effort, 2012's Take Me Home. Once again working largely with Sweden's Carl Falk, Rami Yacoub, and Savan Kotecha, who produced Up All Night, One Direction deliver another immediately catchy mix of dancey pop that maximizes the group's shared lead-vocal approach and peppy, upbeat image. This album highlights even more than their previous one how much One Direction's mix of punchy guitars over snappy beats, handclaps, and bright synthesizers has in common with the positive, fun-loving tone of '70s bubblegum pop, as well as more contemporary bands like the Jonas Brothers and perennial guilty pleasure Hanson. Also added to the mix this time around are two songs ("Little Things" and "Over Again") co-written by British singer/songwriter Ed Sheeran, whose intimate folk-R&B aesthetic lends an air of maturity to One Direction's admittedly squeaky-fresh sound. The boys of One Direction also nab a few co-writing credits here, as does McFly's Tom Fletcher, whose contribution "I Would," a kind of in-spirit sequel to his Up All Night contribution "I Want," stands out as a considerably smart and infectious cut. Ultimately, tracks like the frenetically hyper "Kiss You" and the soundtrack-ready "Back for You" will, as with the rest of Take Me Home, certainly appeal to the group's rabid teen followers, and might even end up on their parents' playlist, too. [The Deluxe Yearbook Edition contains four extra tracks and an exclusive booklet with personal pictures of the band and interviews.] ~ Matt Collar, Rovi
Explore this item
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.50 x 0.50 x 7.44 Inches|
|1.||Live While We're Young|
|5.||Last First Kiss|
|8.||Change My Mind|
|11.||Back For You|
|12.||They Don't Know About Us|
|14.||She's Not Afraid|
|15.||Loved You First|
|17.||Still The One|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- If bought through the store it will come with the actual book filled with exclusive pictures and bios, whereas iTunes only gives you the songs.by TheNalyRock5/31/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- well this comes with the cute little book i think its worth itby beccabug994311/20/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- If you buy this at the store, you get a booklet with pictures of the boys and descriptions of each boy by the others.by 1DandBTRFanatic11/19/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- buying this at a store means u have to have a radio or cd player. you can listen to it anytime, but you probably cant carry it around with you. if u ordered this on itunes youd put it on your iPod and be able to have that everywhere, anytime. so really its what you would prefer :)by elizabethlol11/18/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Buying it in the store is better (atleast that's what I think..) its around the same price, plus it comes with a booklet and you can take it practically anywhere. Also, if you know how to, you can burn the CD onto iTunes and have it there as well :) Overall, buying it in the store is a better option.by An anonymous customer11/26/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- When you buy it at the store you actually have the hard copy. And the itunes version comes with a behind the scenes at the itunes festival.by Larry5ever11/13/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- off of itunes you get just the songs, off of the store you get the cd the booklet and some other stuff like stickers. the booklet is a better dealby officialdirectioner11/13/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- On iTunes, it comes with 4 extra videos that the store doesn't include, but it doesn't include the booklet. The Yearbook Edition on iTunes costs about $15.by TaylorCK11/15/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- noby beccabug994311/20/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Sadly, no. The lyrics and the writers of each song aren't included.by 1DandBTRFanatic11/19/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- you can choose to purchase the cd with or without the book.by Lovemywalmart9712111/19/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes plus 4 extra songsby Number1directioner11/19/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, but it is more elaborate.by An anonymous customer11/15/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No it doesn't it comes with extra pictures, messages, and I believe lyrics to the songs. It has more than the regular CD does.by NiallsSexyPotato11/14/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yes!! its in the book when you open itby beccabug994311/22/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- In the yearbook, there are pictures of them with fans, with descriptions of each boy by the others. Sadly, the lyrics don't come with the yearbook.by 1DandBTRFanatic11/22/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- 4 extra songs that aren't on the regular Take Me Home, 3 live performance videos, and a video diary of when they were backstage of the iTunes Festival London.by NiallsSexyPotato5/8/2013Was this answer helpful? (7) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Their first album yearbook edition had the booklet, some messages, stickers, the cd of course, some pictures of theme, some stuff about them, pretty much itby officialdirectioner5/8/2013Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- This CD..the deluxe edition, has 4 extra songs on it. It will also come with a book that will have pictures from fans and the band throught the last tour. On their website they have a bigger deluxe edition that comes with a shirt and stickers and bracelet but its $60.by formy2princesses5/8/2013Was this answer helpful? (48) (2)Was this answer helpful?