Customers also viewed these products
- $12.84 Was $15.25Save $2.41
- $14.79 Was $16.41Save $1.62
Check out these related products
- $10.45 Was $11.84Save $1.39
- $10.84 Was $13.27Save $2.43
- $10.70 List price $12.95Save $2.25
- $10.53 List price $13.95Save $3.42
- $12.82 Was $14.24Save $1.42
- $13.19 List price $15.95Save $2.76
- $10.39 Was $11.35Save $0.96
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Offers advice on eating healthy, furnishes sample menu plans for a variety of calorie schemes, explains how to use blood glucose records to lose weight and count carbohydrates, and offers tips on eating out and ethnic foods.
The definitive guide to eating well and staying healthy with diabetes
"Nutrition is pivotal to diabetes care. This book is a terrific tool for managing diabetes through good nutrition. It's a guide you can use every day-a treasure chest of advice on how to eat healthfully."
-Richard M. Bergenstal, MD, Executive Director
International Diabetes Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota
From the American Dietetic Association comes this authoritative guide to choosing foods to control your blood sugar and maintain an active, healthy lifestyle. It provides the must-know basics of daily diabetes care-from designing a food plan and preventing low blood glucose levels to losing weight and carbohydrate counting-so you can personalize diabetes and food decisions to fit your needs. You'll see how to manage blood fat levels and blood pressure-an important part of diabetes care-and gain invaluable insight into making healthy food choices and planning tasty meals. You'll also find tips on reducing sugar and fat in foods; quick and easy meal ideas; and a special section on prevention of type 2 diabetes.
* Detailed menu plans for daily caloric levels of 1,200, 1,500, 1,800, 2,000, and 2,500 calories
* Includes fast-food restaurant and ethnic food guides
* Ratings for high, low, and moderate glycemic index foods
|Number of Pages:||288|
|Author:||Powers, Maggie , Powers, Margaret A.|
|Publisher:||Ingram Pub Services|
|Publication Date:||January, 2003|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $6.00 List price $7.99Save $1.99
- $17.87 Was $19.57Save $1.70