Check out these related products
- $23.06 List price $30.00Save $6.94
- $16.35 List price $26.00Save $9.65
- $17.20 List price $27.00Save $9.80
- $23.24 List price $26.00Save $2.76
- $13.03 List price $18.00Save $4.97
- $11.51 List price $19.00Save $7.49
- $19.92 List price $25.00Save $5.08
- $13.10 List price $20.00Save $6.90
- $14.64 List price $19.99Save $5.35
- $16.80 List price $20.00Save $3.20
- $20.95 List price $26.00Save $5.05
- $20.76 List price $25.95Save $5.19
- $13.95 List price $24.95Save $11.00
- $21.08 List price $26.95Save $5.87
- $15.59 List price $24.95Save $9.36
- $18.39 List price $26.95Save $8.56
- $15.95 List price $24.95Save $9.00
The Secretary: A Journey With Hillary Clinton from Beirut to the Heart of American Power
Consider these popular products
- $16.06 List price $36.00Save $19.94
- $16.66 List price $27.99Save $11.33
- $12.28 List price $15.00Save $2.72
- $16.60 List price $19.95Save $3.35
- $12.49 List price $28.00Save $15.51
- $10.89 List price $16.00Save $5.11
- $9.27 List price $15.99Save $6.72
- $20.01 List price $29.99Save $9.98
- $10.18 List price $16.95Save $6.77
- $12.42 List price $17.99Save $5.57
- $22.43 List price $27.99Save $5.56
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Hardcover, Henry Holt & Co, 2013, ISBN13 9780805095111, ISBN10 080509511X
The first inside account to be published about Hillary Clinton's time as secretary of state, anchored by Ghattas's own perspective and her quest to understand America's place in the world
In November 2008, Hillary Clinton agreed to work for her former rival. As President Barack Obama's secretary of state, she set out to repair America's image around the world--and her own. For the following four years, BBC foreign correspondent Kim Ghattas had unparalleled access to Clinton and her entourage, and she weaves a fast-paced, gripping account of life on the road with Clinton in "The Secretary."
With the perspective of one who is both an insider and an outsider, Ghattas draws on extensive interviews with Clinton, administration officials, and players in Washington as well as overseas, to paint an intimate and candid portrait of one of the most powerful global politicians. Filled with fresh insights, "The Secretary" provides a captivating analysis of Clinton's brand of diplomacy and the Obama administration's efforts to redefine American power in the twenty-first century.
Populated with a cast of real-life characters, "The Secretary" tells the story of Clinton's transformation from popular but polarizing politician to America's envoy to the world in compelling detail and with all the tension of high stakes diplomacy. From her evolving relationship with President Obama to the drama of WikiLeaks and the turmoil of the Arab Spring, we see Clinton cheerfully boarding her plane at 3 a.m. after no sleep, reading the riot act to the Chinese, and going through her diplomatic checklist before signing on to war in Libya--all the while trying to restore American leadership in a rapidly changing world.
Viewed through Ghattas's vantage point as a half-Dutch, half-Lebanese citizen who grew up in the crossfire of the Lebanese civil war, "The Secretary" is also the author's own journey as she seeks to answer the questions that haunted her childhood. How powerful is America really? And, if it is in decline, who or what will replace it and what will it mean for America and the world?
|Number of Pages:||357|
|Publisher:||Henry Holt & Co|
|Publication Date:||March, 2013|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.