Check out these related products
- $24.53 List price $34.99Save $10.46
- $16.96 Was $20.96Save $4.00
- $12.37 List price $16.95Save $4.58
- $21.91 List price $30.00Save $8.09
- $21.36 List price $24.95Save $3.59
- $20.13 List price $30.00Save $9.87
- $19.98 List price $22.95Save $2.97
- $18.05 Was $21.65Save $3.60
- $22.37 List price $26.95Save $4.58
- $20.52 List price $24.00Save $3.48
The Ordinary Acrobat: A Journey into the Wondrous World of the Circus, Past and Present
Consider these popular products
- $5.39 List price $5.99Save $0.60
- $9.19 List price $14.00Save $4.81
- $8.75 List price $14.00Save $5.25
- $21.55 List price $25.95Save $4.40
- $16.62 List price $25.00Save $8.38
- $11.53 List price $14.99Save $3.46
- $17.95 List price $18.95Save $1.00
- $12.85 Was $14.39Save $1.54
- $6.29 List price $6.99Save $0.70
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
An utterly charming account of the author's novice plunge into the strange and wonderful world of contemporary circus, and a nostalgic look back at circus history and inside the current Cirque du Soleil-fueled phenomenon.
When Duncan Wall visited his first nouveau cirque as a college student in Paris, everything about it--the monochromatic costumes, the acrobats singing Simon and Garfunkel, the juggler reciting Proust--hooked him. Soon he was attending circuses two or three nights a week, and soon after that, he entered the intensively competitive training program at France's ecole Nationale des Arts du Cirque. The Ordinary Acrobat is a magical, funny, sometimes scary story of what happens when one average American joins a host of gifted (and flexible) international students in a rigorous regimen of tumbling, trapeze, juggling, and clowning. This is an appealing, richly evocative history of how the circus evolved into the dynamic, thrilling experience it is today.
|Number of Pages:||322|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Publisher:||Random House Inc|
|Publication Date:||February, 2013|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.