The Joy Diet: 10 Daily Practices for a Happier Life
Check out these related products
- $12.75 List price $14.95Save $2.20
- $11.88 Was $13.14Save $1.26
- $13.59 List price $15.99Save $2.40
- $14.76 List price $16.99Save $2.23
- $14.43 List price $17.50Save $3.07
- $11.14 List price $12.95Save $1.81
- $10.91 List price $15.00Save $4.09
- $14.06 List price $18.95Save $4.89
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Offers a behavior-oriented program for a satisfying life, designed around truth, desire, creativity, risk, treats, play, laughter, connection, feasting, and doing nothing.
Welcome to The Joy Diet, a menu of ten behaviors you can add to your way of living and thinking to enhance every day's journey through the unpredictable terrain of your existence. You can add these behaviors gradually and watch your life become steadily more vivid and satisfying. Or you can go on a "crash Joy Diet" to help you navigate life's emergencies.
The ten menu items are:
- Nothing: Do nothing for fifteen minutes a day. Stop mindlessly chasing goals and figure out which goals are worth going after.
- Truth: Create a moment of truth to help you unmask what you're hiding--from others and from yourself.
- Desire: Identify, articulate, and explore at least one of your heart's desires--and learn how to let yourself want what you want.
- Creativity: Learn six new ways to develop at least one new idea to help you obtain your heart's desire.
- Risk: Take one baby step toward reaching your goal. The only rule is it has to scare the pants off you.
- Treats: Give yourself a treat for every risk you take and two treats just because you're you. No exceptions. No excuses.
- Play: Take a moment to remember your real life's work and differentiate it from the games you play to achieve it. Then play wholeheartedly.
- Laughter: Laugh at least thirty times a day. Props encouraged.
- Connection: Use your Joy Diet skills to interact with someone who matters to you.
- Feasting: Enjoy at least three square feasts a day, with or without food.
No matter what your long-term goals are, The Joy Diet, written with Martha Beck's inimitable blend of
wisdom, practical guidance, and humor, will help you achieve the immediate gift of joyful living in the here
and now. Begin your journey today.
|Number of Pages:||226|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Author:||Beck, Martha Nibley|
|Publisher:||Random House Inc|
|Publication Date:||May, 2003|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $8.62 List price $15.00Save $6.38
- $5.70 List price $10.00Save $4.30
- $7.38 List price $14.99Save $7.61
- $5.36 List price $5.95Save $0.59
- $5.08 List price $9.99Save $4.91
- $4.83 List price $7.99Save $3.16
- $10.24 Was $13.66Save $3.42
- $9.28 List price $14.95Save $5.67