Check out these related products
- $7.92 Was $9.24Save $1.32
- $7.54 List price $13.00Save $5.46
- $9.38 Was $10.41Save $1.03
- $23.29 List price $26.00Save $2.71
- $19.64 List price $24.99Save $5.35
- $16.12 List price $19.99Save $3.87
- $18.48 List price $19.99Save $1.51
- $20.30 List price $24.99Save $4.69
- $13.96 List price $16.00Save $2.04
- $14.96 List price $15.99Save $1.03
See Now Then
Consider these popular products
- $7.54 List price $16.00Save $8.46
- $8.92 List price $15.00Save $6.08
- $8.70 Was $10.47Save $1.77
- $10.00 List price $16.00Save $6.00
- $9.52 List price $16.00Save $6.48
- $9.82 List price $14.95Save $5.13
- $9.75 List price $15.00Save $5.25
- $10.59 Was $13.05Save $2.46
- $8.90 List price $14.95Save $6.05
- $5.98 List price $7.99Save $2.01
- $7.19 Was $7.99Save $0.80
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Compact Disc, MacMillan Audio, 2012, ISBN13 9781427226495, ISBN10 1427226490
In "See Now Then," the brilliant and evocative new novel from Jamaica Kincaid--her first in ten years--a marriage is revealed in all it's joys and agonies. This piercing examination of the manifold ways in which the passing of time operates on the human consciousness unfolds gracefully and Kincaid inhabits each of her characters, a Mother and Father, their two children living in a small village in New England, as they move, in their own minds, between the present, the past, and the future--for, as she writes, "the present will be a now then and the past is now then and the future will be a now then." Her characters, constrained by the world, despair in their domestic situations. But their minds wander, trying to make linear sense of what is, in fact, nonlinear. "See Now Then" is Kincaid's attempt to make clear what is unclear, and to make unclear what we assumed was clear: that is, the beginning, the middle, and the end.
Since the publication of her first short story collection, "At The Bottom Of The River," nominated for a PEN / Faulkner Award for fiction, Jamaica Kincaid has demonstrated a unique talent for seeing beyond and through the surface of things. In SEE NOW THEN, she envelops the listener in a world that is both familiar and startling--creating her most emotionally and thematically daring work yet.
|Number in Series:||1|
|Publisher:||St Martins Pr|
|Publication Date:||February, 2013|
|Digital Video Formats:||CD/Spoken Word|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.