Beyond Baby Talk: From Speaking to Spelling: A Guide to Language and Literacy Development for Parents and Caregivers
Check out these related products
- $9.28 List price $16.00Save $6.72
- $12.71 Was $13.56Save $0.85
- $11.54 List price $14.99Save $3.45
- $23.37 List price $29.95Save $6.58
- $11.77 List price $16.00Save $4.23
- $11.59 List price $16.00Save $4.41
- $12.43 List price $16.00Save $3.57
- $10.07 Was $11.45Save $1.38
- $10.47 List price $14.99Save $4.52
- $11.58 List price $14.95Save $3.37
- $12.23 List price $13.95Save $1.72
- $12.92 List price $15.99Save $3.07
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
The first five years of a child's life are the most critical for speech and language development, and, as a parent, you are your child's primary language role model. So what are the best ways to help your child develop the all-important skill of communication? Fun, easy, and engaging, this book shows you how! Inside, you'll discover all of the essential steps and checkpoints from birth through age five, tips to help your child progress on schedule, and easy methods.
Guide your child to effective communication with this fully updated handbook.
Language is about so much more than just words, and healthy communication is the foundation of your child's ability to succeed emotionally, socially, and academically. The first eight years of life are a critical period of language and literacy development, and as a parent, you are your child's primary role model as he or she begins to acquire speaking, reading, and writing skills. And yet, you may be uncertain of what constitutes typical language progress and of what activities and practices will enhance your child's learning experiences the most. Fully revised and updated for our modern times, Beyond Baby Talk is here to guide you through the easiest and most engaging ways to instill strong communication skills in your child, and to provide fun for you both along the way.
Inside, you'll find all of the essential steps and checkpoints to help you gauge your child's progress, as well as easy methods to:
- Evaluate and monitor your child's spoken language development
- Enhance your child's literacy skills for improved spelling, reading, and writing abilities
- Understand and navigate environmental influences on language development such as television, texting, and cultural slang
- Recognize the signs of language and literacy progress problems--and know when to seek professional help
"In collaboration with and copyrighted by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) "www.asha.org/BeyondBabyTalk
|Number of Pages:||284|
|Author:||Masterston, Julie J., Ph.D. , Apel, Kenn, Ph.D.|
|Publisher:||Random House Inc|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.50 x 8.25 x 0.75 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $14.63 Was $15.51Save $0.88
- $14.87 List price $18.99Save $4.12
- $16.70 List price $19.95Save $3.25