Customers also viewed these products
- $19.99 Was $21.53Save $1.54
1775: A Good Year for Revolution
Check out these related products
- $22.48 List price $29.99Save $7.51
- $14.67 List price $16.00Save $1.33
- $27.86 Was $29.88Save $2.02
- $24.49 List price $30.00Save $5.51
- $23.80 List price $35.00Save $11.20
- $26.36 List price $35.00Save $8.64
- $20.23 List price $29.95Save $9.72
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Hardcover, Penguin Group USA, 2012, ISBN13 9780670025121, ISBN10 0670025127
The contrarian historian and analyst upends the conventional reading of the American Revolution
In "1775," iconoclastic historian and bestselling author Kevin Phillips punctures the myth that 1776 was the watershed year of the American Revolution. He suggests that the great events and confrontations of 1775--Congress's belligerent economic ultimatums to Britain, New England's "rage militaire," the exodus of British troops and expulsion of royal governors up and down the seaboard, and the new provincial congresses and hundreds of local committees that quickly reconstituted local authority in Patriot hands---achieved a sweeping Patriot control of territory and local government that Britain was never able to overcome. These each added to the Revolution's essential momentum so when the British finally attacked in great strength the following year, they could not regain the control they had lost in 1775.
Analyzing the political climate, economic structures, and military preparations, as well as the roles of ethnicity, religion, and class, Phillips tackles the eighteenth century with the same skill and insights he has shown in analyzing contemporary politics and economics. The result is a dramatic narrative brimming with original insights. "1775" revolutionizes our understanding of America's origins.
|Number of Pages:||628|
|Publisher:||Penguin Group USA|
|Publication Date:||November, 2012|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $20.98 List price $30.00Save $9.02
- $49.99 List price $71.00Save $21.01
- $18.27 List price $28.95Save $10.68
- $12.35 Was $14.21Save $1.86
- $11.02 List price $16.95Save $5.93
- $11.76 Was $12.38Save $0.62
- $12.24 List price $15.99Save $3.75
- $13.62 List price $14.95Save $1.33
- $19.38 Was $23.83Save $4.45