The Social Neuroscience of Education: Optimizing Attachment and Learning in the Classroom
Check out these related products
- $25.31 List price $27.50Save $2.19
- $22.44 List price $29.00Save $6.56
- $8.75 List price $9.99Save $1.24
- $34.00 List price $36.95Save $2.95
- $6.97 List price $9.99Save $3.02
- $18.95 List price $26.00Save $7.05
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Investigates how the human brain learns best at every age and uses social neuroscience and interpersonal neurobiology to demonstrate what good teachers do to maximize brain stimulation in difficult students.
This book explains how the brain, as a social organism, learns best throughout the lifespan, from our early schooling through late life. Positioning the brain as distinctly social, Louis Cozolino helps teachers make connections to neurobiological principles, with the goal of creating classrooms that nurture healthy attachment patterns and resilient psyches. Cozolino investigates what good teachers do to stimulate minds and brains to learn, especially when they succeed with difficult or "unteachable" students. He explores classroom teaching from the perspectives of social neuroscience and interpersonal neurobiology, showing how we can use the findings from these fields to maximize learning and stimulate the brain to grow. The book will have relevance to anyone concerned with twenty-first century learners and the social and emotional development of children.
|Number of Pages:||409|
|Author:||Siegel, Daniel J., M.D. , Cozolino, Louis|
|Publisher:||W W Norton & Co Inc|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||6.75 x 9.75 x 1.25 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $3.43 List price $3.95Save $0.52
- $2.66 Was $2.99Save $0.33
- $21.66 Was $32.49Save $10.83
- $10.06 Was $11.75Save $1.69
- $3.35 Was $3.95Save $0.60
- $3.23 Was $3.95Save $0.72
- $3.44 List price $5.99Save $2.55
- $3.50 Was $5.29Save $1.79
- $11.79 Was $13.63Save $1.84
- $4.90 Was $5.99Save $1.09
- $6.88 List price $11.99Save $5.11