Similar items in stock
- Reduced Price$6.46 List price $47.36Save $40.90
- Reduced Price$996.95
Nikon D5100 - Digital camera - SLR - 16.2 MP - 1080p - 3 x optical zoom AF-S VR DX 18-55mm lens
Customers also bought these products
- Clearance Reduced Price$18.76
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Nikon D5100 - digital camera AF-S VR DX 18-55mm lens
Key Features and Benefits:
- 16.2 megapixel DX-format CMOS image sensor
Delivers lifelike images with vivid colors, reduced noise and smooth tonal gradations.
- High ISO (100-6400) light sensitivity - manually extendable up to 25600 using the Hi2 setting
Enables faster shutter speeds for finely detailed images with minimal noise when you shoot fast-moving subjects or take pictures in low light. Features an Auto ISO setting.
- EXPEED 2 image processing engine
Optimizes the camera's technologies for superior performance and maximum image quality.
- 7.5 cm (3-in.), 921k-dot vari-angle LCD monitor with wide viewing angle
Lets you capture unique shots from any angle. Boasts a side opening mechanism that makes it easy to shoot self-portraits or use a tripod.
- D-Movie - full HD (1080p) movie clips
A dedicated movie-record button right next to the shutter-release makes it easy to keep the camera steady when you switch between recording stills and movies. AF-F mode keeps everything in focus, and the camera's vari-angle monitor and Special Effects mode enable unique shots. The camera supports use of an external microphone and offers 30p, 25p and 24p frame rates.
- Live View with Scene Auto Selector
Makes it easy to compose images using the vari-angle LCD monitor. Scene Auto Selector will select the best mode for the scene and subject you want to capture. Boasts easily selectable AF modes, including Face Priority AF that detects and tracks faces within the frame.
- Razor-sharp 11-point AutoFocus system
Offers fast and precise autofocus coverage across the frame. Four AF-area modes, including 3D-tracking AF, deliver sharp results, whether your subject is off-center, moving fast or completely unpredictable.
- 4 fps continuous shooting
Enables you to capture fast-moving action at four frames per second.
- Special Effects mode
Lets you shoot distinctive still images and movies using a special effect. Offers a range of effects, including Color Sketch, Miniature effect, Night Vision and Selective Color that lets you emphasize up to three colors of your choice and turns the rest of the image to monochrome.
- Scene Modes
Scene Modes automatically adjust camera settings, including Picture Controls and active D-Lighting, to take the guesswork out of tricky photo situations and deliver optimal results. Simply turn the mode dial to SCENE to access the most commonly used modes. Sample photos appear on the display to help you select the right mode.
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) imaging
Delivers exquisitely detailed shots of high-contrast scenes. Takes two shots within a single shutter release to create an image with an extremely wide dynamic range, low noise and rich color gradation.
- Extensive in-camera Retouch Menu
Lets you edit and enhance photos and movies in the camera. Offers a range of effects and filters including Perspective Control, Soft Focus and Color Outline, which transforms your photo into a line drawing.
- Dual Integrated dust reduction system
Image Sensor Cleaning and Airflow Control systems keep dust away from the camera's image sensor for clear, spot-free images.
- HDTV compatibility
This camera features a built-in HDMI connector with HDMI-CEC support so you can view your photos and movies on any HDTV and control playback features using your TV's remote control.
- Infrared front and back receiver
Helps prevent image blur when shooting close-ups and self-portraits.
- Nikon D5100
- AF-S VR DX 18-55mm lens
- Nikon EN-EL14 Battery
- Eyepiece cover, battery charger, dust cap, body cap, lens cap, neck strap, USB cable, eyecup, shoe cap, audio / video cable
|Self-Timer Delay:||10 sec, 2 sec, 5 sec, 20 sec|
|Camera Lens Type:||Zoom Lens|
|Focal Length:||18 mm|
|Exposure Modes:||Program, bulb, automatic, manual, aperture-priority, shutter-priority, i-TTL program flash , Center-weighted, 3D color matrix II, color matrix II, spot (2.5%) , 3D-tracking AF, Face-priority AF, Subject-tracking AF|
|Display Technology:||Display brightness control|
|Memory Card Type:||Secure Digital , SD Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDHC UHS-I Memory Card, SDXC UHS-I Memory Card|
|Display Resolution:||1920 x 1080|
|Contained Battery Type:||Lithium Ion|
|Connector Type:||1 x USB 2.0 1 x HDMI output 1 x composite video/audio output 1 x microphone|
|Battery Life:||660 Shot|
|Minimum Shutter Speed:||30 sec|
|Number of Megapixels:||14MP & Up|
|Flash Type:||Pop-up Flash|
|Maximum Shutter Speed:||1/4000 sec|
|Original Languages:||Italian , Russian , Polish , Korean , German , Chinese (Simplified and Traditional) , Japanese , Swedish , Turkish , English , Arabic , French , Portuguese , Indonesian , Finnish , Danish , Spanish , Czech , Thai , Norwegian , Dutch|
|Focus Type:||Automatic, manual , TTL contrast and phase detection|
|Compatible Devices:||SD , SDXC , SDHC|
|Manufacturer Part Number:||25478|
|Accessories Included:||Eyepiece cover, battery charger, dust cap, body cap, lens cap, neck strap, USB cable, eyecup, shoe cap, audio / video cable|
|Sensor Resolution:||16.2 Megapixel|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||3.10 x 5.00 x 3.80 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- yes it doesby bshgrl11/28/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, the lenses have VRII image stabilization which is considered one of the best image stabilizers in the business.by An anonymous customer11/15/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yes, the lens has what is called vibration reduction that should take clear pictures even with a shaky hand, however it is the lens that does this, not the camera.by ravidog12342/27/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Vibration reduction is in the lens not on the camera body.by NikonStaff6/5/2012Written by a verified representative from NikonStaffWas this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Since I've had this camera for such a short time, it's a little hard to answer your question, however, if I had to make a guess, I'd say it would be great. I would, however, purchase a good-quality UV/haze filter to help cut through the normal haze you encounter when taking photos from the air. Hope this helps.by SweetAdeline12/1/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- it takes 4 pictures per secondby bshgrl11/28/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- This camera can take up to 10fps, It is very fast and can overload writing to the card if you don't use a fast SD card. As far as zoom is concerned, this is a DSLR not a point and shoot. By that I mean if you want to zoom, you have to turn a zoom ring on the lens, it is not motorized. The only thing motorized is the autofocus, but from an aircraft, I would suggest setting it on manual zoom since you will be doing infinity shots snyway. You can get several long zoom lenses to interchange where a point and shot comes with a fixed lens that cannot be changed out. That way you wont have any blurry shots.by An anonymous customer12/6/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- If you use the sports feature on this camera, you can take 4 frames per second, so it's pretty fast. Not as fast without changing your settings. There is a manual and auto focus. I find that using the manual focus is better for focusing quick shotsby Misa740011/9/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yesby An anonymous customer11/15/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yes, there is also another setting where everything is black and white while only one other color that you choose shows up. very cool(:by ravidog12348/2/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yesby TVPCMusicGames5/30/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, the D5100 has the Monochrome feature (Black-and-white, sepia, or cyanotype). It will create a copy of the original image with the feature selected.by NikonStaff5/17/2012Written by a verified representative from NikonStaffWas this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?