Similar items in stock
Backyard Discovery Montpelier Cedar Wooden Swing Set
Customers also viewed these products
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
The Backyard Discovery Cedar wooden swing set will make your backyard the central location of the neighborhood with the abundant array of activities for your children and their friends. Just as majestic as the home from which its name hails, the Montpelier swing set will go down in history for its endless hours of fun. As one of our newly improved wooden swing sets for backyards, this one has all the features of a beautiful mansion: the upper discovery kid's fort with its peaked roof, full door and bay windows provides plenty of play space and plenty of style; the front sun porch doubles as an extended deck and launch pad for the speedy kid slide; the monkey bars and ladder present fun access points into the playhouse. Swing into luxury on the belt swings and two-person glider, while the others retreat to the snack stand with built-in bench or sandbox area for some relaxing recreation on their historic sprawling estate!
Backyard Discovery Montpelier Cedar Wooden Swing Set:
- Kids benefit from frequent physical activity and exercise
- You benefit from knowing the kids are secure in your own backyard
- Wood play set features 7 activities that will keep 9 kids busy at the same time
- Outdoor swing set offers exceptional value in outdoor play for the whole summer
Features & Specifications:
- Cedar, factory-stained wood from sustainable forests
- Raised clubhouse topped by a deluxe wooden roof with sunburst design, bay windows, a real working door, a sun deck
- Outdoor play set is ideal for large backyards
- Dimensions: 16' 4"L x 15' 6"W x 9' 3-1/2"H
- Cedar is ideal for outdoor swing sets. It is lightweight and dimensionally stable while durable and naturally resistant to bugs, termites, mold and decay. Cedar is excellent for humid climates
- 2 belt swings with chain
- Clubhouse with natural wood roof and working door
- Sun deck
- Imagination Station Activity Center with bench
- 4' Wave Rider
- Monkey bars
- 8' Super Safe Speedy Slide
- Flat step entry ladder with handrails
- Please note that this item ships in multiple boxes, and the boxes may arrive at different times
- Cedar swing set includes detailed assembly manual
- Some pilot holes may need to be drilled on site
- Lumber is pre-drilled, pre-cut and pre-stained
- Lumber is stamped for ease of assembly
- All structural components and necessary hardware and fasteners are included with the Backyard Discovery wooden swing set
- 2 adults required for assembly of this outdoor swing set
- Assembly takes approximately 12-16 hours with 2 adults
- Recommended Safety Zone: 28' 4"L x 27' 6"W x 15' 3-1/2"H
- Place in a flat area of your yard to minimize ground preparation
- Provide enough room so that children can use the Backyard Discovery wooden swing set safely
- Do not build your outdoor swing set on top of surfacing material
- Locate bare metal platforms and slides out of direct sunlight to reduce the likelihood of serious burns
- Maximum Weight Capacity: 1350 lbs.
Tools Needed (Not Included):
- 3/8" cordless or electric drill
- 3/16", 5/16" and 3/8" drill bits
- Drill Attachments: Phillips head screw, 3/8" socket driver and torque head screw
- 1/2" and 7/16" open end wrenches
- Tape measure
- 1/2" and 9/16" nut drivers
- 3/8" drive ratchet
- 1/2" and 9/16" std sockets
- 1/2" and 9/16" deep sockets
- Claw hammer
- Phillips and straight blade screwdrivers
- 24" level
- Rubber mallet (optional)
- Step ladder
Materials, Care & Warranty:
- 1-year warranty covers all parts including wood
- All wood carries a 5-year pro-rated warranty against rot and decay
- Please note that this item ships in multiple boxes, and the boxes may arrive at different times.
For questions about using this cedar swing set, please call Backyard Discovery at 1-800-856-4445
|Maximum Weight:||1350 lbs|
|Age Range:||8 to 11 Years , 3 to 10 Years|
|Is Assembly Required:||Y|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||196.00 x 186.00 x 111.50 Inches|
Manuals & Guides
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- The boards are clearly marked, and the directions were excellent. very easy to follow instructions too. Although time consuming to put together. We laid everything out in alphabetical order (the boards), before we started assembly!by rachelbuddy20124/29/2016Was this answer helpful? (8) (2)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes! The beginning was easy but the more into it you got the harder it became, because none of the predrilled holes wanted to line up. We had to end up drilling new holes a few times, and especially for the clubhouse roof. Yes it will need to be resealed, and no it is definetly not sturdy. I have an 9, 8, and 5 yr old and we had to add extra support because it wasn't strong enought to hold them. The clubhouse also sways a lot when they are on the swings, even if its just one of them!by momdadof34/29/2016Was this answer helpful? (7) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- All of the pieces were marked. Wood was poor quality as were the hinges, etc. The item NEEDS to be sealed BY YOU or the warranty is not valid. The factory put on a stain but it is not sealed.by sndbonnell4/1/2016Was this answer helpful? (6) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Very easy, everything is pre cut and drilled. But it is so flimsy I would spend the extra time and buy the materials and cut them myself next time.by Skydiver55610/22/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It was difficult to build, although I am sure no more difficult than any other. The boards were labeled and for the most part you could read the labels. It is pre drilled however for most of the construction you have to drill pilot holes to avoid splitting the wood. So far does not seem very sturdy, my 27lb 2 year old makes the boards of the fort bow, we had to add extra support boards. I also think the set will need to be resealed, can't tell that the factory did much!by HBmomma4/1/2016Was this answer helpful? (2) (2)Was this answer helpful?
- I wasnt sure at first how strong this would be but after put together i think it is great! It does say in the instructions that it is sealed but needs to be re done every year.The building was easy but follow every step. I too read about a lot of sets that had label issues, but this one was ALL labeled on every single board and screw, bolt, nut etc. You do have to have 3 different size drill bits to pre drill some holes, but it is not bad at all. For the price i am very impressed and that it takes a lot to impress me. So I would recommend it. It will take 2 people to complete as you will need help with the support beam for the swings.by Qubbies5/3/2016Was this answer helpful? (6) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes that wall by monkey bars is openby Jaghab10/22/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It is open by the monkeybars!by momdadof35/7/2016Was this answer helpful? (1) (3)Was this answer helpful?
- I do not own this playset, but I helped build one for a friend. The picture posted with the monkey bars going to the fort is different than the way we read the plans. We have the monkey bars going to the landing and the ladder going to the "hole" in the side of the fort. I wish My freind still had the paperwork to verify which way is correct. Either way the fort does have Two openings, the doorway and the 'hole'.by Gmatts10/22/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- One side is open partially. It is supposed to be enclosed otherwise, but I was missing so many boards from the fort part I can only go by what the directions tell me. And that is that it should be inclosed.by Skydiver5565/4/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- wall closest to the monkey bars is openby HBmomma8/16/2016Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- their is an opening where the monkey bars meet itby HeatherGaddis10/2/2013Was this answer helpful? (24) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- there are 3 ladder steps, and 3 monkey bars!by rachelbuddy20124/26/2016Was this answer helpful? (4) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- there are 3 barsby barrels4/26/2016Was this answer helpful? (5) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Only 3by momdadof34/26/2016Was this answer helpful? (4) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- 4by Skydiver5564/26/2016Was this answer helpful? (1) (5)Was this answer helpful?
- 3 metal barsby southernyank814/26/2016Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It has 3 bars to the monkey bars and 3 bars for stair.by HeatherGaddis5/20/2016Was this answer helpful? (6) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Consider these popular products
- Rollback$159.97 Was $189.97Save $30.00