Check out these related products
- $28.99 List price $35.00Save $6.01
- $18.69 List price $21.99Save $3.30
- $20.76 List price $29.95Save $9.19
- $16.66 Was $17.98Save $1.32
- $16.33 Was $18.09Save $1.76
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
THE WHOLE HOG COOKBOOK
There's a whole world of pork to love, as demonstrated in this cookbook devoted to every cut of the hog. Plump sausages sputtering on the grill, thick bacon sizzling in a pan, a juicy pork chop from the oven-pork comes in so many wondrous forms. From grilling and frying to braising and pickling, author Libbie Summers has a special way with pork, taking comfortable old-fashioned dishes and updating them with fun and stylish twists.
Summers grew up on a hog farm in Missouri-even wrestling pigs as a kid at the state fair-and grew to become the culinary producer for Paula Deen, who instilled in her a Southerner's affection for the pig. Most of her recipes have a down-home accent, but many reflect international influences too: Sweet Tea Brined Pork Shoulder, Pork Chops and Applesauce, Pork Belly Gyros, Pork Pies, and Jerk Roasted Tenderloin. Chapters are divided according to primal cuts, such as the shoulder, loin, bacon, and ribs. How-to sections show you how to make your own fresh sausage, tie up a crown roast, and cure bacon. In her writing, Summers takes up the cause of the much-maligned pig and reminds us that the best way to honor an animal is to appreciate every part, wasting nothing.
|Number of Pages:||176|
|Author:||Deen, Paula H. , Summers, Libbie , Chong, Chia|
|Publisher:||Random House Inc|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||8.00 x 10.00 x 1.00 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $9.29 List price $14.95Save $5.66
- $17.85 List price $30.00Save $12.15
- $11.75 List price $16.95Save $5.20
- $3.96 List price $4.99Save $1.03
- $9.59 Was $10.72Save $1.13
- $11.22 List price $19.99Save $8.77
- $13.93 List price $19.95Save $6.02
- $16.63 List price $24.95Save $8.32
- $8.92 List price $15.00Save $6.08
- $14.41 List price $22.99Save $8.58
- $13.79 List price $20.95Save $7.16