Check out these related products
- $12.44 Was $15.19Save $2.75
- $37.82 Was $42.29Save $4.47
- $13.17 List price $16.99Save $3.82
- $17.26 Was $19.22Save $1.96
- $30.23 Was $31.97Save $1.74
- $26.68 Was $28.23Save $1.55
- $11.93 Was $14.95Save $3.02
- $56.48 List price $59.99Save $3.51
- $54.85 List price $60.95Save $6.10
Forged: Writing in the Name of God--Why the Bible's Authors Are Not Who We Think They Are
Consider these popular products
- $9.09 List price $15.99Save $6.90
- $9.27 List price $15.99Save $6.72
- $4.68 List price $7.99Save $3.31
- $9.41 List price $15.99Save $6.58
- $9.04 Was $11.52Save $2.48
- $5.92 List price $9.99Save $4.07
- $8.66 Was $9.87Save $1.21
- $7.14 Was $8.87Save $1.73
- $5.80 List price $9.99Save $4.19
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Hardcover, Harpercollins, 2011, ISBN13 9780062012616, ISBN10 0062012614
It is often said, even by critical scholars whoshould know better, that "writing in the nameof another" was widely accepted in antiquity.But New York Times bestselling author Bart D.Ehrman dares to call it what it was: literaryforgery, a practice that was as scandalous then as itis today. In Forged, Ehrman's fresh and originalresearch takes readers back to the ancient world, where forgeries were used as weapons by unknownauthors to fend off attacks to their faith andestablish their church. So, if many of the books inthe Bible were not in fact written by Jesus's innercircle--but by writers living decades later, withdiffering agendas in rival communities--whatdoes that do to the authority of Scripture?
Ehrman investigates ancient sources to:
Reveal which New Testament books wereoutright forgeries.
Explain how widely forgery was practiced byearly Christian writers--and how strongly it wascondemned in the ancient world as fraudulentand illicit.
Expose the deception in the history of theChristian religion.
Ehrman's fascinating story of fraud and deceit isessential reading for anyone interested in the truthabout the Bible and the dubious origins ofChristianity's sacred texts.
|Number of Pages:||307|
|Author:||Ehrman, Bart D.|
|Publication Date:||March, 2011|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||6.50 x 9.50 x 1.25 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.