Customers also viewed these products
- $10.93 List price $15.95Save $5.02
- $11.15 Was $11.86Save $0.71
- $15.78 Was $16.87Save $1.09
- $12.32 Was $13.00Save $0.68
- $10.00 Was $16.00Save $6.00
- $13.13 Was $14.56Save $1.43
Check out these related products
- $21.86 List price $26.95Save $5.09
- $13.44 List price $15.00Save $1.56
- $13.60 Was $14.33Save $0.73
- $12.17 Was $13.25Save $1.08
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Paperback, Portfolio, 2010, ISBN13 9781591842989, ISBN10 1591842980
This book can save you more than $100,000.
These days, most people assume you need to pay a boatload of money for a quality college education. As a result, students and their parents are willing to go into years of debt and potentially sabotage their entire financial futures just to get a fancy name on their diploma.
But Zac Bissonnette is walking proof that this assumption is not only false, but dangerous-a class con game designed to rip you off and doom your student to a post-graduation life of near poverty . From his unique double perspective-he's a personal finance expert (at Daily Finance) AND a current senior at the University of Massachusetts-Zac figured out how to get an outstanding education at a public college, without bankrupting his parents or taking on massive loans.
Armed with his personal knowledge, the latest data, and smart analysis, Zac takes on the sacred cows of the higher education establishment. He reveals why a lot of the conventional wisdom about choosing and financing college is not only wrong but hazardous to you and your child's financial future. You'll discover, for instance, that:
* Student loans are NOT a necessary evil. Ordinary middle class families can- and "must"-find ways to avoid them, even without scholarships.
* College "rankings" are useless-designed to sell magazines and generate hype. If you trust one of the major guides when picking a college, you face a potential financial disaster.
* The elite graduate programs accept lots of people with non-elite bachelors degrees. So do America's most selective employers. The name on a diploma ultimately won't help your child have a more successful career or earn more money.
Zac can prove every one of those bold assertions - and more. No matter what your current financial situation, he has a simple message for parents: "RELAX Your kid will be able to get a champagne education on a beer budget "
|Number of Pages:||290|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Author:||Bissonnette, Zac , Tobias, Andrew|
|Publisher:||Penguin Group USA|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.75 x 8.75 x 1.00 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $5.50 List price $5.99Save $0.49
- $12.86 List price $22.99Save $10.13
- $14.72 List price $24.99Save $10.27
- $9.94 List price $14.00Save $4.06
- $184.06 List price $192.60Save $8.54