Customers also viewed these products
National Geographic Concise History of Science & Invention: An Illustrated Time Line
Check out these related products
- $13.28 List price $14.99Save $1.71
- $20.41 List price $28.00Save $7.59
- $17.47 List price $25.00Save $7.53
- $12.28 List price $18.00Save $5.72
- $14.08 List price $19.00Save $4.92
- $28.88 List price $40.00Save $11.12
- $19.53 Was $42.42Save $22.89
- $21.03 List price $29.95Save $8.92
- $19.12 List price $25.00Save $5.88
- $27.74 Was $29.78Save $2.04
- $25.27 List price $35.00Save $9.73
- $19.50 Was $22.43Save $2.93
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Hardcover, National Geographic Society, 2009, ISBN13 9781426205446, ISBN10 1426205449
From the ancient conquest of fire and the first turn of a wheel to the latest in scientific leaps toward the stars, this easy-access history offers a panoramic perspective on humankind's restless quest for the laws, theories, and tools by which we can grasp and master our universe.
This concise, concentrated, consistently organized look at our species' key scientific and innovative achievements spans all human history, presenting ten distinct eras from the first glimmers of intelligence to the cutting-edge technologies of the modern world. Within these intuitive divisions, all human scientific endeavors and achievement are divided into four general fields of inquiry and arrayed into four basic geocultural regions for easy comparison in a logical, systematic grid format highlighted by 350 photographs, maps, illustrations, and diagrams that add graphic emphasis to key information. Special two-page feature spreads explore the most revolutionary developments in greater depth; compelling, expertly composed essays and memorable quotations add sparkle; and informative sidebars provide specifically focused items of information about particular inventions, ideas, or themes. Completing this comprehensive approach, an extensive glossary explains unfamiliar terms, and a detailed index makes it a simple matter to follow a particular field or process from its origin through its complete cross-cultural evolution. This is a reference as usefully accessible as it is inherently fascinating.
|Number of Pages:||352|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Publisher:||Random House Inc|
|Publication Date:||October, 2009|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||9.25 x 11.25 x 1.25 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $21.60 List price $35.00Save $13.40
- $124.33 List price $187.95Save $63.62
- $64.37 List price $82.40Save $18.03
- $10.26 Was $12.20Save $1.94
- $18.14 Was $21.90Save $3.76
- $37.14 List price $44.20Save $7.06
- $32.59 Was $34.52Save $1.93
- $11.96 List price $16.95Save $4.99
- $11.02 List price $15.95Save $4.93