AquaTech Filter 20-40
Customers also considered
Check out these related products
- Reduced Pricefrom $6.09
- Clearance$9.51 List price $19.99Save $10.48
- Reduced Price$7.77 List price $9.19Save $1.42
- Reduced Price$10.67 List price $14.00Save $3.33
- Clearance$6.60 List price $13.99Save $7.39
- Reduced Price$9.73 List price $19.99Save $10.26
- $27.75 List price $61.99Save $34.24
- $28.31 List price $62.99Save $34.68
- $32.75 List price $72.99Save $40.24
- $36.63 List price $80.99Save $44.36
- $6.48 List price $14.99Save $8.51
- Reduced Pricefrom $5.09
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
The AquaTech Filter 20-40.
AquaTech Filter 20-40:
Filters are a very important piece of equipment in an aquarium and critical to your aquarium's success. The job of this AquaTech Power filter is to move the water through the cartridge where it is processed to remove odors and small particles of waste and through the BIO-Fiber to eliminate the toxic ammonia and nitrites from the aquarium. Each of the filters provide this 3-stage filtration for healthier fish and cleaner water. The first stage of the aquarium filter is mechanical. The blue polyfiber pad that is integrated onto the EZ-ChangeTM Filter Cartridge screens out dirt and debris as water passes through. The second stage of the AQUA-Tech® filtration is chemical. The activated carbon that is in the EZ-ChangeTM Filter Cartridge removes dissolved waste and cleans the water of odors. The third stage of the AQUA-Tech® filtration is biological. The BIO-Fiber that is included in each AquaTech Power filter provides additional surfAce area for beneficial bacteria to grow and thrive. The bacteria then eliminate toxic ammonia and nitrites that can be fatal to fish. You should never clean or throw away the BIO-Fiber. If the BIO-Fiber on this aquarium filter becomes too clogged, rinse it with conditioned water only.
|Size:||1 , FOR 20 - 40 GALLON TANKS|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- The 25-40 would be fine. The 30-60 would help filter better. It will not harm your fish.by wsrich6810/20/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yes just fineby iamthenorm11/24/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I have used the 20-40 filter for years in my 35 gallon tank - finally had to replace with a new one after 15 years of use - works greatby jch6211/24/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- perfect for a 35 gal, but if you ever want to upgrade the size of your tank I would go with the 30-60. I have a 30 gal tanganyikan setup which is doing really well with the 20-40.by An anonymous customer11/24/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yeah, this would work really well to keep the water clean. But if you don't have a bubbler or a powerhead and you need water flow, go with a bigger filter.by bsrift11/24/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes it will.by wsrich689/9/2015Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It should, but it also depends on the amount and kind of fish you are planning on keeping. Some fish are dirtier require more filtration (ie. chiclids, goldfish) Also, the more fish, the more filtration needed. If you are planning to keep small/relatively small tropical fish then the 20-30 filter should be fine.by JMRYAN8311/5/2014Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yes just fineby iamthenorm11/3/2015Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- If it has a slot on the back of the tank to fit the filter and it truly is 20 gallons then yes it will work.by louye10/4/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Q. i have baked on algae in side my power filter is this a problem does need to be replace because i cant get the algae off
- best way to get rid of the algae if it is algae is by using an aquarium safe pipe cleaner scrub brush, you should remove the filter media and keep it wet, remove the filter and poor hot water into the cavity and scrub. if that doesn't get rid of it, it may need some sort of aquarium safe chemical to help dissolve the scale and then a thorough rinsing.by An anonymous customer3/12/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Goodness no. Just live with algae. Part of being aquarium owner.by GinnyS0912/22/2014Was this answer helpful? (1) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- No, you can clean it with white vinegar. Rinse well and let air dry.by painted112/22/2014Was this answer helpful? (4) (0)Was this answer helpful?