Creating Magic: 10 Common Sense Leadership Strategies from a Life at Disney
Check out these related products
- $15.15 List price $25.00Save $9.85
- $19.39 List price $26.00Save $6.61
- $12.75 List price $14.00Save $1.25
- $16.62 List price $24.00Save $7.38
- $11.59 List price $16.00Save $4.41
- $10.40 Was $10.95Save $0.55
- $13.01 List price $14.95Save $1.94
- $13.92 List price $23.00Save $9.08
- $18.35 List price $22.95Save $4.60
- $12.70 List price $14.95Save $2.25
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Hardcover, Currency Doubleday, 2008, ISBN13 9780385523868, ISBN10 0385523866
"It's not the magic that makes it work; it's the way we work that makes it magic."
The secret for creating "magic" in our careers, our organizations, and our lives is simple: outstanding leadership--the kind that inspires employees, delights customers, and achieves extraordinary business results.
No one knows more about this kind of leadership than Lee Cockerell, the man who ran "Walt Disney World"(R) Resort operations for over a decade. And in "Creating Magic," he shares the leadership principles that not only guided his own journey from a poor farm boy in Oklahoma to the head of operations for a multibillion dollar enterprise, but that also soon came to form the cultural bedrock of the world's number one vacation destination. But as Lee demonstrates, great leadership isn't about mastering impossibly complex management theories. We can all become outstanding leaders by following the ten practical, common sense strategies outlined in this remarkable book. As straightforward as they are profound, these leadership lessons include:
Everyone is important.
Make your people your brand.
Burn the free fuel: appreciation, recognition, and encouragement.
Give people a purpose, not just a job.
Combining surprising business wisdom with insightful and entertaining stories from Lee's four decades on the front lines of some of the world's best-run companies, "Creating Magic "shows all of us - from small business owners to managers at every level - how to become better leaders by infusing quality, character, courage, enthusiasm, and integrity into our workplace and into our lives.
|Number of Pages:||270|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Publisher:||Random House Inc|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.50 x 8.50 x 1.00 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $18.56 Was $20.39Save $1.83
- $20.46 List price $29.95Save $9.49
- $16.85 List price $30.00Save $13.15
- $16.19 List price $26.99Save $10.80
- $16.99 List price $29.99Save $13.00
- $7.74 List price $9.99Save $2.25
- $14.68 Was $19.81Save $5.13
- $7.08 Was $8.37Save $1.29
- $17.07 Was $18.28Save $1.21
- $9.87 List price $14.99Save $5.12
- $16.92 Was $17.86Save $0.94