Pack your bags a few weeks before your due date to stay calm and prepared. Here’s what to bring on the big day.
If you wait until you’re in labor to pack for the hospital, you’ll probably forget some important things — that’s if you can pack at all. Instead, a few weeks before your due date, pack the items from this list below. Then when you are ready to head to the hospital, you can double-check to make sure you have all that you need.
- Insurance card
- Change of clothes, including a going-home outfit — make sure clothes are loose-fitting and comfortable Nursing bra, nursing pads
- Toiletries, such as toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo, conditioner, contact-lens solution, lip balm, hair brush and clips or bands
- Headphones and some good music
- Something to read or keep you entertained
- Some of your favorite snacks to eat after you’ve had your baby (hospital food might not hit the spot)
Start your baby registry
Start your baby registry: invite friends & family to buy gifts for you & your baby to enjoy.