The key to making the broom is to use a sharp craft knife. The craft knife will make cleaner and faster cuts. You can use scissors if needed.
Shop SuppliesShop All
- Cut a 6x4-inch piece of black construction paper. Lay the paper horizontally on a self-healing craft mat.
- Measure 1/2-inch down from the top of the strip of paper.
- Use the pencil to mark the 1/2-inch line. This will be a guide for your cut marks.
- Starting at one edge, place the ruler perpendicular to the line you just marked.
- Starting at the line and at the edge on the paper, make 1/8-inch wide slits across the strip of paper.
- Add a long strip of double-sided tape along the 1/2-inch edge you marked on the paper.
- Position the glow stick onto the tape. Place at least an inch onto the tape.
- Start rolling the paper around the glow stick.
- Finish off the brooms with a piece of twine and a tag.