About Registry for Good
Registry for Good enables nonprofit foundations to create custom lists of items they need while allowing gift-givers the ability to browse and donate to local causes.
CyberGrants works with the Internal Revenue Service and other global databases to guarantee that nonprofits meet the charitable standards of our corporate customers. FrontDoor allows CyberGrants to verify the individuals who represent these nonprofits to ensure that they are the right people to make decisions on the organization's behalf.
For more information, visit our Registry for Good page.
Nonprofits must verify they are authentic and submit an application to CyberGrants' verification process.
- CyberGrants communicates verification status with point person via email within 5 to 10 business days
- Currently, only eligible 501(c)(3)s can create a Registry for Good
- Walmart works with CyberGrants FrontDoor to verify nonprofits to inspire confidence in our customers that foundations who use Registry for Good are authentic
- Registries are made searchable once the verification process is complete
- You must be an official representative of an eligible organization in order to complete verification
Section 501(c)(3) is the portion of the US Internal Revenue Code that allows for federal tax exemption of nonprofit organizations, specifically those that are considered public charities, private foundations or private operating foundations. It is regulated and administered by the US Department of Treasury through the Internal Revenue Service. There are other 501(c) organizations, indicated by categories 501(c)(1) – 501(c)(29). This discussion will focus on 501(c)(3). – Foundation Group
The following is required for the application process:
- Use of your organization's name or tax ID number to search the database
- Recent IRS 501c3 determination letter and a proof of ownership with a copy of a canceled check or bank letter
- An email address associated with your organization
- For verification purposes, your Walmart.com Account and CyberGrants' email addresses must match
- Any additional information if needed
Following the submission of your application, you can expect to:
- Receive your verification results within 2 to 5 business days after submitting your application
- The process may take longer if CyberGrants requires additional information from your organization
- Wait for the final approval email that arrives within 2 business days of receiving your verification results. This indicates that your registry is public and the requester is the registry's primary administrator, by default.
Please keep the following in mind:
- Foundations are restricted to one registry per nonprofit
- Registries for Good can't be created in-store
- If you can't find your exact cause-type, select the cause that most closely aligns with your organization’s mission
Apply for Registry
- Sign in to your Walmart.com account, select Registry
- Select Registry for Good
- Select the Register Now button
- Enter the requested information
- Organization name
- Organization cause
- Registry title
- Registry description
- Agree to Terms and Conditions, select Continue
- Enter organization address, select Continue
- Enter shipping address for donations, select Continue
- Select Start Verification to start the verification process with CyberGrants
On average, it takes FrontDoor by CyberGrants 2 to 5 business days to process verification applications. You should receive a status update from CyberGrants via email. If you still have questions about your CyberGrants approval status, please contact CyberGrants.
You can check your verification status when you log in to your CyberGrants FrontDoor account.
Organization Already Registered
You can request access to an organization that has already been claimed by clicking the Request access to this organization button on the registration screen. The organization’s owner receives an email with your request and grants you appropriate access.
If you suspect the wrong person has claimed your organization, use the form on the FrontDoor website for assistance with already-registered organizations.
Verification Application Denial
All denied applications include a reason for denial in the email that is sent once a final determination has been made. If you have a question about a particular determination, please reply to that email for CyberGrants to review your case.
Existing FrontDoor Account with CyberGrants
While your organization may already have a CyberGrants account with other companies, FrontDoor requires additional verification to allow an account to span across customers and therefore a new account with Walmart.
Add to Registry
You can constantly add and update items on your Registry.
- Start finding items by using the provided checklist or by searching in the search bar.
- Once you find an item to add, select Add to Registry on the item page.
You can still add items to your registry while you're waiting to hear back from CyberGrants. If your account has not yet been approved, a banner appears across the screen that states, To go live, you must complete the verification process.
Maximum Allowance of Items
Our inventory is constantly updating and our system only displays the number of items available. This is a feature that conflicts with nonprofit registries and we are currently exploring options to rectify this for you. In the meantime, you can always re-add the maximum quantity of any single item to your registry as many times as you’d like.
From the Registry page, select Edit Registry Settings to edit:
- Organization's name
- Requires approval through CyberGrants, see cybergrants.com/frontdoor/help
- Shipping address
- Cover image
- Profile image
Edit Nonprofit Profile
You can choose to display your logo or image, and a brief message displaying your nonprofit and what you are working toward.
We prohibit the use of text considered to be obscene, indecent, and profane from being published on Walmart.com. Any language considered as-such is filtered and you can't publish until the mistake is fixed.
Image Requirements :
- JPG or PNG files
- Cover Image—Recommended size 2048px by 896px
- Logo or Profile Image—Recommended size 160px by 160px
Customize Registry with Image or Logo
To customize your background image and/or logo:
- Select Edit Registry
- Select Change under Registry Images
Change Organization's Administrator
To request a change to your organization’s administrator, use the form on the FrontDoor website to change your organization's administrator. Please include the reason for the change, the old owner’s information, and details for the new owner.
Add Additional Users and Chapters
If you're an account owner, select Add New User on the Users screen. Fill out the form and a new user is automatically added. FrontDoor emails the new user a confirmation link and they can choose their own password to log in.
Our FrontDoor support team can help you add new chapters or locations to your primary organization record. We consult with each organization owner to determine the ideal way to have your chapters listed in FrontDoor, please know this may take longer to get them listed.
Share a Registry
Your registry is not public until your organization’s nonprofit status with CyberGrants is validated. Additionally, the share button on your registry remains disabled until you’ve successfully completed the application process.
Once your registry is verified, you can share using Facebook, Twitter, email, or using the share link generated from your Registry.
'Page not Found' Error when Sharing Registry
Gift-givers could be receiving this error for one-of-two reasons.
Report a Registry for Fraud
To report a Registry for Good, please select Report Registry found below the registry.
More About Registry for Good
Registry for Good Donations
You can see what item(s) and who purchased them from your registry. Select the Purchased tab on the registry page.
Return an Item Purchased from Registry
We are currently working to provide our Registry for Good participants with the ability to initiate returns online. In the meantime, you can return items purchased off your registry in-store using the order number under the Purchased tab on the registry page.
Please keep in mind, for Marketplace items, you can return the item in-store. However, the refund goes back to the original form of payment which is typically held by the gift-giver. We are diligently working to improve the return experience with Registry for Good.
Order not Arrived
Track orders using the tracking number associated with the order number published under the Purchased tab on the registry page.
Search for a Registry or Cause
Visit the Registry for Good website to search for a cause by zip code, cause, or name of organization.
Please reach out to the nonprofit directly to obtain a charitable tax receipt.