Weekender home decor ideas
Create a living space that offers the welcoming sensation of a vacation getaway destination. Choose pieces that have the inspiration of a vacation destination, such as a Paris outdoor experience, one that includes fishing and hiking or an indoor glamping theme. Choose single decor items to incorporate into your home's existing style, or convert the entire living space to your favorite weekender theme.
Start with the colors of your favorite weekend destination
Turn to your favorite weekend destination for inspiration when creating weekender decor. Choose color schemes that reflect the pinkish shades of the sky in Paris at dawn or the cool blues of a mountain stream. Look for furniture and decor pieces in soft hues and rustic style that reflect farmhouse chic for a glamping-at-home feeling. When you bring these elements into your home, you surround yourself with things that evoke feelings of a soothing, relaxed weekend pace. That way, every day when you walk into a room, it can feel like a mini vacation.
Shop by room
There are a variety of ways to find the perfect weekender style furnishings and decor items. Shopping by room is an easy way to find pieces that are central to a theme. For example, if you want a bed, bedding or a nightstand, navigating to the bedroom section gives you the results you're hunting. You can also head right to the kitchen, kid's room, office and patio areas of the website to find pieces that reflect your weekender style.
Shop by style
Think of the overall style of your favorite weekend destination spot, then visit the ""shop by style"" section of the website to go right to items crafted in that style. Examples of style types include:
- Boho: Add beachy, playful touches to your decor with colorful, casual pieces from the boho collection of home furnishings.
- Farmhouse: Create a space that's reminiscent of a nature-inspired country getaway with pieces from the farmhouse style section.
- Industrial: Choose favorite elements from industrial settings and tourist destinations with pieces of industrial decor.
- Glam: Create a space that's reminiscent of an upscale inner city vacation with glam furnishings.
- Mid-century: Add mid-century pieces to your modern decor to create an edgy, suburban effect.
- Scandinavian: Channel the sensation of enjoying a Scandinavian vacation with furniture and home decor items from the Scandinavian collection.
- Transitional: Choose your favorite elements from a weekend in the city or the country with transitional pieces that look at home in casual or elegant settings.
- Modern: You can add a trendy flair to your weekender style with modern decor pieces that create a comfortable and trendy effect.
- Traditional: For a flair that feels like going back to your childhood for weekend, consider traditional furnishings and decorative items.
- Coastal: Create a back-to-the-beach effect in your home with coastal decor that includes soft shades of blue and furnishings created from breezy, textured materials.
Shop by furniture type
Shopping for furniture by type is another way to quickly navigate to the items you want. For example, you can navigate directly to the available sofas by clicking on that option. Then, you can simply browse through the offerings to find one that blends with the type of weekend style you're trying to create.
Home decor ideas
In addition to shopping for specific types of furniture, you have the option to navigate directly to the type of decor items you're hunting. Add curtains that bring out the delicate colors of the room and brighten the room. Choose a lamp that reminds you of one that was in your favorite hotel, or a wall hanging that inspires memories of your vacation getaway every time you look at it. Area rugs, floor pillows and scented candles also add to the weekender experience.
Keeping it all organized
Clutter can increase stress levels, and getting away from everything stress-related makes regular life feel like a weekend getaway. You can conquer the clutter by choosing storage and organization pieces that complement your weekender decor, such as charming baskets, jewelry organizers that match your bedroom or stylish serving carts that double as corner shelves when you aren't using them. The weekender style is as unique as you are, and to create it, you choose pieces that inspire you and make you feel happy and at ease."