How to choose a prepaid Total Wireless cell phone and plan
If you've done the math, you know that prepaid phone plans can provide a budget-friendly option to staying locked into expensive cell phone contracts. Prepaid cell phone giant Tracfone, which is part of a multinational mobile operator, America M vil, launched the Total Wireless brand in 2015 to compete as a considerably less expensive option than other Verizon-based plans. Total Wireless is a pay-as-you-go prepaid wireless phone service that requires no long-term contracts, no credit checks, no activation fees, no monthly bills and no age limits. You'll find a variety of the latest phones, flexible plans and easy activation kits exclusively at Walmart.
Total Wireless offers 30-day no-contract plans that let you pay for what you need and no more. Buy an individual data plan for your single line, or save more by getting a shared data plan for you and your family.
You can either refill your service plan every 30 days to keep your Total Wireless phone active, or you can enroll in auto-refill to automatically refill your service plan when you reach your service end date. You will always be able to check your service plan balance on your phone. If you go a bit past your service end date without adding data, you can just add to your service plan to reactivate your phone. If you are running low on data before your 30 days are up, simply add data at any time with a $10 add on carryover card to give you extra data that never expires with active service. The 30-day plan costs include:
- One line $25: $25 plan with one line of unlimited talk and text (no data)
- One line $35: $35 plan with one line of unlimited talk and text and 6GB of data
- Two lines $60: $60 plan with two lines of unlimited talk and text and 15GB of data shared across devices
- Three lines $85: $85 plan with three lines of unlimited talk and text and 20GB of data shared across devices
- Four lines $100: $100 plan with four lines of unlimited talk and text and 25 GB of data shared across devices
Cell phone choices
The selection of phones is one of the most important considerations when choosing a prepaid cell phone plan. Total Wireless offers an impressive list of top-brand phones at always-low prices. Options include sleek, powerful smartphones from brands like Samsung and Apple, but always be on the lookout for additional Total Wireless models added to our list. Or, you can use Total Wireless's Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP) program. You can purchase some of the most popular smartphone models and cell phone brands for competitive prices at Walmart for your Total Wireless plan, including:
- iPhone 6, 7 and SE
- Samsung Galaxy, Galaxy S64G LTE and S336C (flip)
- LG Lucky Android, Premier, G54GLTE, 238C3G (flip), LG237C and Stylo
- ZTE Sephyr, Cymbal, Savy and Atrium
- Alcatel One Touch Pixi Eclipse
- Unimax U671CMax Patriot
- Nexus 6P4GLTE
- Treasure with Android
- Max Duo 2963VL with Android
- L56VLX with Android 6.0 Marshmallow
Range of service
You'll be able to enjoy nationwide coverage with your Total Wireless plan using Verizon, America's largest, most reliable network. In addition, you can make international calls by downloading the Total Wireless International app and buying one or more $10 global calling cards that let you dial direct without access codes to thousands of destinations around the world (including mobile phones) for rates as low as one cent per minute. Calls must originate from the U.S. and the card does not let you roam.
Total Wireless hotspot
Why rely on public hotspots when you can bring your own Wi-Fi with you when you're on the go? The compact Total Wireless mobile hotspot provides quality 3G wireless internet service wherever and whenever you need it with the same flexible pricing as your Total Wireless phone plan. Buy 30- or 60-day internet connection plans for your hotspot and there's no software that you have to install. You'll be able to connect multiple devices, including your tablet, laptop or smartphone so you can easily check emails, watch videos, play games, surf the web and stay connected.
Switching to Total Wireless
- Activation: After you receive your network activation card and service plan card, you're ready to activate either online or by calling the customer service line.
- Number: You can get a new phone number or keep your existing phone number.
- Fees: There are no activation fees.
- BYOP program: If you love your existing cell phone, you may be able to activate it with Total Wireless. The Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP) program includes CDMA-compatible phones. You can purchase an activation kit at your nearest Walmart, which includes a network access code and an airtime/service card.
With a variety of plans, including no-contract phones and unlocked phones, Walmart has your talk, text and data needs covered. Save money. Live better.
*The 30-Day cycle for Shared Data Family Plans begins on the day the first line/device is activated. Any line(s)/device(s) activated later in the first 30-Day cycle will receive only the number of days remaining in that cycle. A month equals 30 days.
† To get 4G LTE speed where available you must have a 4G LTE capable device and a 4G LTE SIM card. Actual availability, coverage and speed may vary. LTE is a trademark of ETSI.