Finding your authentic gear in the Sports Memorabilia Fan Shop
Our Sports Memorabilia Fan Shop is your place to shop for officially licensed game gear, trading cards, autographed photos, and more to add to your sports collection. Because we partner with Fanatics Authentic, you know your collector's items are genuine, the prices are fair, and you get exactly what's listed in the products' descriptions. Fanatics Authentic is the world's largest provider of officially licensed sports gear and memorabilia from all of the major US sports leagues. Read on for some helpful tips on selecting your next collectible from your favorite sports team.
Understanding the lingo
Collectors of sports memorabilia are familiar with words and terms that let them know what they're getting when buying authentic gear. Use this guide to help you as you browse through the Sports Memorabilia Fan Shop for your next collectible:
- Anniversary. The anniversary edition of a sports item is created 10, 20, 30, or more years after the event occurred. For example, a team or official distributor might release a replica of a football helmet worn in the 1970s to commemorate its 50th anniversary. These often have sentimental value and become collector's items.
- Authentic. An authentic item has the real value that it claims to have, instead of being fake or counterfeit. As a sports collector, you want to make sure the items you're collecting are authentic. That way, you know you're paying a reasonable price, and your gear will likely increase in value over time. Two ways to make sure you're getting authentic memorabilia are to buy from a source that has a sound reputation such as Fanatics Authentic and to get a certificate of authenticity. A certificate of authenticity is a printed statement that guarantees the genuineness of the item.
- Autographed. Items that a sports figure has signed are autographed. These include cards, signed photos, and sports equipment like signed pucks, football helmets, and baseball bats. A signature often increases the value of sports memorabilia.
- Game-used. Game-used equipment and game-worn gear have been used by the athlete during a game or match. Authentic game-used items usually have a high value, especially when the player is a veteran of the game or has helped their team win championships.
- Limited edition. Sports cards, photos, and other memorabilia that are printed for a specific time or in a certain quantity are limited edition. This means once the supply is gone, they won't be printed again. This can increase their value because they are scarcer or harder to find.
- Official. Each sports team decides who it will allow to sell its merchandise. Once a seller has been approved, it becomes an officially licensed distributor of jerseys, balls, signed cards, and other items that come from the team. If you buy a jersey with your favorite team's logo on it from an officially licensed distributor, you know the jersey is authentic and not a reproduction or fake.
- One-of-a-kind. One-of-a-kind means there really is only one of something and no others exist that are just like it. In the sports memorabilia world, the autographed baseball that was thrown for the winning pitch of a World Series game is an example of a one-of-a-kind item.
What you can find in the Sports Memorabilia Fan Shop
Choose from thousands of officially licensed items from all of the major sports leagues in the United States at Every Day Low Prices in the Fan Shop. Here's a sampling of what you can find to start or add to your collection:
- NASCAR. Look for die-cast car replicas of your favorite NASCAR automobile. It's always a plus to get an official display case with the athlete's name and racing number on it too. This keeps out dust and humidity, keeping your car, cap, or other memorabilia in top condition. Game-used gear might include an autographed seat cover. Consider framed photos of speedway competitions, trading cards, and plaques commemorating a racer.
- NBA. Signed items include jerseys, basketballs, cards, and photos autographed by players from the National Basketball Association. Items that are hand-signed by a player come with a certificate of authenticity in the form of an individually numbered hologram provided by Fanatics Authentic. You can also choose unsigned official gear for a lower price. Buying a framed player plaque or collage lets you display your love for the athlete in a prominent place in your game room, den, or home office.
- NFL. Super Bowl championship plaques, photos, and game-worn gear are hot ticket items from the NFL since this is the premier achievement within the league. If you get a signed helmet, consider a display case to keep your memorabilia protected. Mini helmets are an affordable way to add to your NFL collection.
- NHL. Grab an autographed official game puck or player photo from a Stanley Cup championship to add value to your hockey collection. Autographed jerseys and posters may be signed by one player or the entire team, which are usually higher in value. All items come with an individually numbered, tamper-evident hologram, so you're assured your investment is authentic.
- MLB. Factory-sealed baseball cards let you know your collectible cards haven't been tampered with. Kids often like to collect baseball cards to keep up with the stats of the players on their favorite team, or all the teams. But adults can collect for the same reason or to start a hobby with their kids. Autographed cards usually have a higher value than those that are not. Consider autographed baseballs, caps, and World-Series game-used equipment like bats and protective gear like batting helmets too.
- MLS. Major League Soccer (MLS) is the men's professional league sanctioned by the United States Soccer Federation. Choose posters and plaques representing your American or Canadian MLS team to display at home or in your home gym. Team logoed soccer balls, especially those that are autographed, are preserved and displayed artistically in official cases that may include a mirrored bottom and back to show each side of the ball.