- Tools and Supplies- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Extension Poles
- Glues and Epoxy
- Paint Apparel and Safety
- Paint Brushes
- Paint Rollers
- Paint Sprayers
- Paint Strainers
- Paint Thinner, Solvent & Cleaners
- Paint Trays and Paint Buckets
- Painter's Tape
- Interior and Exterior Paint- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Spray Paint
- Wall Coverings- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Ladders and Step Stools- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Stains- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Specialty Paints- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Pressure Washers
Special Offers on Wallpaper & More
Special Offers on Wallpaper & More
Create a fresh look inside your home and out with paint
Every few years, it often becomes necessary to paint something inside or outside your home. Maybe the exterior walls have become dingy or weathered, or maybe it's just time for a new paint scheme to go with your updated decor. Whatever your reasons, using quality paints, supplies and tools helps you get the job done right and fast, and it also helps you create a look that you'll love. Check out the paints, wall coverings and paint products we have at Walmart. We have low prices, every day, on everything, making it easy to get all the painting supplies you need.
Interior and exterior paints and primers
No matter what you need to paint, we have the paint for it. Use interior wall and trim paint in the correct formulation for any room in your home whether you're painting your baby's nursery or adding dynamic color to your living room. There are exterior wall and trim paints that can give that 10-year-old paint job on the outside of your home a refreshed look. If you're painting inside and looking to hide some imperfections above, use ceiling paints that can do the job. Maybe you have a dull finish on your refrigerator or dishwasher, but they still work like new. Refresh the exterior of these items with appliance paint. If you have oil stains and oil paint spills you want to cover up on your garage floor, concrete stain or paint or concrete coating can make everything look uniform.
Paints come in several types and are used at certain points during the painting process or used to create certain finishes:
- Primer Primer is the first coat of paint that goes on either new or uncoated surfaces and is suitable for protecting the surface of what you're painting. Primer is available as either oil-based or water-based. When applying primer, you can use any paint tool to apply it, such as a paintbrush, roller or pad. Don't use a paint sprayer, however; it can clog.
- Flat A type of latex paint, flat paints are commonly used for ceilings and interior walls. Exterior flat paints sometimes have vinyl mixed in to make them more durable. To apply flat paint, you can use a paintbrush or roller. This type of paint is completely matte without any shine.
- Eggshell For paint that has a slight shine to it, use eggshell paint, especially on wood surfaces. Except for a paint sprayer, you can apply eggshell paint any way you want.
- Gloss and satin Gloss and satin are virtually the same paints, except that satin has less shine to it. Ideal for both interiors and exteriors, gloss and satin paints are best applied with a paintbrush.
Stains are used both inside and outside the home. Inside, people use them most often on furniture that's either brand new, sometimes referred to as nude furniture, or furniture they're restoring. Outside, desks and patios are the most frequent places people use stains. You might want to use interior wood stain to make furniture match what's already in your home. Wood stain is also terrific at bringing out the wood's natural grain. For both inside and out, stains are available in three forms: water-based, oil-based and gel stain, which is an oil-based wood stain that has a no-drip formula and is ideal for painting walls or other vertical surfaces. Water-based stains have less odor and dry faster, and they're popular for interior wood staining.
Wallpaper and wall borders
For those who want a change from painted walls, wallpaper and wall borders are another way to go. The styles of wallpaper are almost as varied as the colors of wall paint. Many wallpaper schemes draw from the style of furniture that's in a home, meaning you have traditional, modern, contemporary or Scandinavian wallpaper styles to choose from. For children's rooms, cartoon characters and animal prints are terrific options. For the edges around a room's ceiling you can use wallpaper borders, which are peel-and-stick pieces, to set off your wallpaper. If you want, you can combine painted walls with wall decals, which don t take up entire walls. Although some wallpaper is the peel-and-stick kind, for others you'll need to invest in some wallpaper epoxy or glue and smoothing tools, scoring tools and stripping liquid for removing any existing wallpaper.
Other paint products
In addition to paintbrushes, rollers, pads and sprayers, there are other tools you may need to include for your painting job. These include painter's masking tape for covering areas that you don t want to risk getting paint on, sandpaper for smoothing any wood surfaces before painting or staining them, tarps or drop cloths for protecting the floor and furniture, paint trays for accessing paint and protective gear like masks and goggles if you're using a paint sprayer.