Mera Makeup Tutorial
Learn how to recreate @Victorialyn’s look inspired by Mera, Queen of Atlantis.
Makeup and hair beauty video tutorials
Want the "London look," need to know how to get your smoky eyes just right for a big party, or plan on a crazy comic book style for Halloween? Whatever type of makeup you're trying to perfect, our makeup and hair beauty video tutorials are a great place to start. Learn some cool new techniques, and discover which products are the best for recreating the styles you know and love.
Watch and learn
Instagram influencers and makeup professionals have their fingers on the pulse when it comes to hot new looks, and they're happy to share their secrets. Our videos feature some of the big names in the industry sharing their talent for creativity. Check out their techniques so you get the perfect look at home, and learn which products are worth adding to your shopping cart.
The videos cover a wide range of subjects, from cool comic book looks that are ideal for Halloween or even just a wild night out with friends to simple ways to get an everyday look that's anything but ordinary. In addition to makeup tutorials, there are videos covering basic skincare regimens and haircare; and for gentlemen with untamed facial hair, videos on grooming techniques are definitely worth a watch. Each video is usually fairly short, often no more than two minutes, so they get straight to the point and are easy to watch while you're getting ready. No adverts here, and no need to fast-forward through irrelevant content. You just get the vital information instantly.
Shop the look
Once you've watched a video and settled on a style, we make it easy to shop the look. Beneath each video is a selection of the products necessary for you to recreate the tutorial yourself. Simply click the image and add the item to your cart. Many of the products featured are premium brands, so you buy with confidence knowing you're investing in high-quality products from companies with years of experience.
To get even better value, check each product's delivery options. Many items are available with free delivery when purchased as part of a larger order, and it's also possible to order online to collect for free from your local store. If you need something in a hurry but can't make it to the store, selected products are also eligible for NextDay delivery, so you get a special delivery to your doorstep as soon as possible.
If seeing the makeup on famous faces isn't enough to convince you that products offer the quality you expect for your own skincare, it's easy to get additional advice from customer reviews. These are honest opinions from customers who have already purchased the product, and the reviews and associated star ratings make it much easier to discover which products are receiving critical praise.
Your essentials list
Our makeup and hair beauty video tutorials offer all the tips and techniques for when you want the "wow" factor. However, every look begins with a foundation of essential products. These are the items that you're going to use every day. They serve as the starting point for any creative new style you want to try.
- Foundation: Any makeup look requires the right foundation. To get the one you need, establish if your skin tone is fair, light, medium, or dark. You also need to know if your skin's undertone is cool, neutral, or warm.
- Concealer: A good concealer helps with dark eyes and minor skin blemishes. Find one that is a similar shade to your foundation, and always apply it over the foundation for the best results.
- Blush: A little color in your cheeks really helps to define your features. Look for pinks and peaches if you have fairer skin, and opt for something more purple if you have a dark skin tone.
- Highlighter: If you want your skin to glow, a little highlighter on your nose and the tops of your cheeks does the trick. Blend afterwards to maintain a more natural appearance.
- Contour kit: With the right contouring techniques, you have the potential to define the shape of your face or slim down the appearance of certain features.
- Makeup sponges: A selection of makeup sponges make it easier to get perfect blending, without the mess associated with using your fingers.
- Mascara: If you want your eyes to shine, you need some mascara to help give them the definition they deserve. Stick to black if you want to have the most versatile option at your disposal.
- Eye shadow: For extra "wow" factor, bold eye shadows really make the difference. However, a palette of neutral tones means you always have what you need whether it's for a day at the office or a night on the town.
- Lipstick: For a final pop of color and a memorable smile, lipstick is a must. Look for colors that match your skin's undertone.
- Setting powder: A setting powder or spray helps to ensure you keep your perfect style all day long.
You'll find many of these products listed underneath our makeup and hair beauty video tutorials. Alternatively, browse for them or type the product name directly into the search bar at the top of the page.