- Janitorial Disposables- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Cleaning Tools- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Waste Management- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Personal Care Products- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Floor Care- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Odor Maintainers- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Cleaning Chemicals- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Laundry Supplies- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Restroom Fixtures- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Food Warmers
- Chicken Coops
- Titan Attachments
- Egg Incubators
- Welding Caps
- Welding Carts
- Welding Jackets
- Recycle Bins
- Telescopes and Microscopes- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Soldering Stations
- Toilet Paper Dispenser- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Hand Dryers
- Meat Slicers
- Weather Stations
- Telescopes For Astronomy
Guide to janitorial and sanitation supplies
Janitorial and sanitation supplies are the unsung heroes of the office or business. A beautiful commercial space that's kept clean and hygienic reflects the image of your company and keeps employees, clients and customers healthy, productive and happy. Consider environmentally friendly cleaning products, and shop in bulk to help ensure you never run out of supplies.
- Indoor trash bins: Choose the right indoor trash bins for safety and to eliminate overflowing garbage. In addition to function, the more the bins enhance or blend in with the office decor, the better image employees and guests will have of your company. Receptacles in faux stone finishes or metal with fluted openings fit into lobby areas. For kitchens and also medical environments, look for a damper-controlled lid for quiet operation and an odor seal.
- Outdoor trash bins: For outdoor trash cans, look for easy handling of larger bins that have dollies, handles and wheels. Top systems include features such as self-stay, removable tops and vented tops.
- Bags and liners: For commercial trash cans, you have two choices: high- and low-density bags and liners. High-density bags are ideal for paper and lighter weight trash such as in offices and bathrooms. Low-density bags are best for heavy, wet trash since they resist puncturing and tearing. They're ideal for kitchens, yard waste and trash with irregular edges thanks to their stretch abilities. Look for boxes of 250-count bags for commercial use.
- Recycling bins: Recycling bins are generally a deep blue with the recycling logo on the front. You may require a three-stream recycling set for a station that has mixed recycling, landfill and compost, each with a different color lid for clarity.
- Smoking receptacles: Manage smoking receptacles outdoors by choosing containers that will contain overflow to keep your grounds looking clean. Open top urns filled with sand let smokers extinguish cigarettes themselves. Smokers' poles are sleek ashtrays that blend in well. Wall mounted receptacles are ideal if you want to prevent containers from turning over.
- All-purpose cleaners: General cleaners remove stains, disinfect surfaces and remove gum or ink from surfaces. Many can be diluted and used for floors, but check the label first.
- Degreasers: If you're cleaning a restaurant or any facility with a kitchen, you'll need degreasers. They deodorize, clean and liquefy heavy grease and oil deposits from surfaces. Consider natural citrus solvent degreasers for less non-toxic cleaning.
- Bathroom cleaners: Clean commercial bathrooms say a lot about your business to employees and customers. Keep restrooms clean, sanitary and smelling good with liquid cleaners as well as odor-maintaining urinal cakes and fragrance dispensers.
- Laundry: Commercial laundry products need to keep towels and linens spotlessly clean for restaurants, hotels or hospitals. Hotels, for example, use commercial laundry products that are more concentrated and effective than residential laundry detergent used by consumers. Go the extra step and use germicidal bleach to clean, deodorize and disinfect.
- Vinyl composition tile (VCT): Good floor care makes that first impression when someone steps into your place of business. The goal is to clean up soil deposits and keep the floor from becoming dull. Most likely, your business will have a vinyl composition tile floor, one of the most popular commercial floor coverings.
- Vacuums and floor cleaning machines: Part of your routine maintenance for a VCT floor is to vacuum daily. Consider a multipurpose floor machine that works on all types of surfaces and is ideal for tight spaces such as in bathrooms. A brush head rotates gently while it also buffs and polishes. For mobility and comfort, consider cushioned backpack vacuums, which are also quiet. Canister vacuums, however, have a large capacity and don't need to be cleaned of debris as frequently.
- Mopping: Mops and buckets for commercial spaces haven't changed all that much over the years because they work perfectly as is. Microfiber mops grab more dirt. For huge expanses of floors, consider loop-ended mops that are super durable because the loops are tough to unravel.
- Sweeping: Consider large expanse push brooms with a built-in scraper for outdoor entryway use. For indoor worksite sweeping, choose a broom with polypropylene for abrasion-resistance and durability. It also won't absorb acids, oils, bacteria growth, fungus or odors.
- Floor signs/barriers: For safety, always have a stash of collapsible wet floor warning signs and barriers to place in high-traffic areas after washing floors. Consider bilingual versions to serve all of your clientele well.
- Doormats and walk-off systems: Three types of mats are used for commercial spaces: exterior mats, drying and wiper/scraper mats. Exterior mats stay wet. Drying mats prevent slipping. Wiper/scrapers are high quality, rigid and best used indoors.
- Carts: No matter how big or small your place of business is, a housekeeping cart or trolley helps get the janitorial job done faster and easier. It also keeps all supplies in one place. Consider a cart with a convenient vinyl garbage bag hanging off the back.
- Cloths: Microfiber cloths, made with thousands of tiny fibers that act like magnets, enable custodians to pick up smaller items, more dust, dirt and bacteria that can be left behind.
- Counter brushes: There are brushes for all types of cleaning tasks that a cloth can't handle. Wire bristles remove heavy soil and grime, and vegetable fiber bristles are good all-purpose scrub brushes.
- Hand dryers: High-speed, wall-mounted hand dryers reduce trash and use of paper products, keeping the bathroom even tidier. Consider an electric sensor and hands-free unit to reduce the spread of germs.
- Urinals: Urinals are pretty straightforward. They reduce water consumption and take up little space. If you're looking for an advanced style urinal, consider one that automatically detects when it's in use.
- Sinks: Stainless-steel commercial sinks come in single to three compartments. Find them wall-mounted for bathrooms or stand-alone for kitchens. For restaurant bathrooms, consider tempered glass sinks and faucets.