- Smart Home Safety & Security- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Smart Energy & Lighting- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Smart Entertainment- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Smart Health & Fitness- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Networking- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Smart Home Assistants, Controllers & Hubs- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Smart Appliances- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Devices that work with Google Assistant
Build Your Smart Home
Live a simpler and safer life with home automation
With all the technology at your disposal, it makes sense to equip your home with the latest home automation devices. security cameras and other surveillance equipment help protect you and your family whether you're at home or away from it. Smart home access allows you to make sure your home is locked up even when you're miles away. With everything from home alarms to warn you about intruders to smart appliances that can cook food while you're at work or the gym, the possibilities for automating your home are virtually endless. With our Every Day Low Prices, you can upgrade your home for a minimal amount of money.
Security cameras have been around for many years, but they're much more advanced now. In addition to protecting the outside of your home from intruders or vandals or even unwanted visitors you can also secure the inside of your home as well. Indoor security cameras allow you to see what's going on inside your home when you're away from it. If you're on vacation, these cameras, both inside and outside, give you peace of mind you couldn t otherwise have. You can even connect these cameras to your mobile phone or laptop through convenient applications that alert you if there's activity. If you're a parent, a baby monitor allows you to keep watch on your baby or child without being in the room.
It used to be that only wealthy individuals living behind gated walls could see and talk to people before letting them into their home. Now, with smart doorbells, you can feel secure knowing that anyone you let into your home is there with your approval. Smart locks allow you to lock the doors of your home with more than just a key. These new types of locks work just like keyed locks but have touchscreens or keypads that deliver an extra level of security. Through an application on your smartphone, you can not only keep track of who's coming and going at your home, but you can also lock or unlock the door remotely and even create virtual keys for any guests you might have. Our garage door openers work in much the same manner.
Alarms and sensors
Home security alarms have come a long way in recent years too. Not only can these alarms tell you if someone is breaking into your home, but they can also sense movement in a place where you're not expecting any. Many of our home security systems are easy to install, and you can usually do it yourself in a few hours and save the expense of having a security company monitor the premises for you. There are also monitors that can tell you, via a wireless connection, what the temperature and humidity in your home is, alert you of there's smoke, fire or high amounts of carbon monoxide in your home or if you have a pipe or appliance leak somewhere.
It was a giant leap forward in the 20th century when people were able to program a coffeemaker to make coffee at night before going to bed and have it hot and ready first thing in the morning. Now, other appliances can do the same thing and work while you're not around. Now, you can cook an entire meal in a slow cooker and adjust the temperature even when you're not at home. If you want to have your home cool when you get home from a sweltering day, there are air conditioners that allow you to turn them on or off remotely. If you want to have your floors cleaned but don t have the time, robotic vacuum cleaners can do it in your stead.
Other home automation tools
Home automation advances make it possible to control many of the items in our home remotely or via a mobile phone app.
- Energy and lighting The installation of a smart thermostat allows you to control the temperature and sometimes humidity in a home with central heating and cooling without having to be there. Smart light bulbs have built-in Wi-Fi that allows you to adjust the brightness levels and even the color of the light remotely. Smart outlets and switches swap easily with your existing electronic outlets and light switches and allow you to control any devices connected to them while in another part of the house or away from home.
- Televisions Smart TVs make it possible to access the Internet via a Wi-Fi connection without using a computer. If you connect it to your home network, you can access your computers, such as your desktop, while using your TV. These TVs can range from 20 inches and smaller to ones that are 70 inches and larger.
- Network hubs If your Internet connection is connected outside the home, such as in your garage, some of your wireless devices may not get good signals inside the home. A smart hub makes it possible to bring the router to a central location wirelessly and improve the signal throughout your home.
- Kits These are devices that allow you to manage many of your devices through a single device. You can use these devices to play music, find answers questions, manage your day-to-day scheduling and even control other home automation devices all through applications you download to your phone, computer or tablet.