A guide to buying diet and nutrition supplements
In an ideal world, we get all the vitamins, minerals and nutrients we need from the foods we eat. Unfortunately, increasingly busy lifestyles make this a bit difficult at times, so it s important to create a nutritional safety net for yourself by consuming diet and nutritional supplements that can boost your health. The wide variety of diet and nutritional supplements can make it difficult to know what s right for you, so learning the basics of choosing nutritional supplements is the first step to getting the best supplements for your needs along with talking to your doctor about what you might need to take. With the wide selection of diet and nutritional supplements available at Every Day Low Prices at Walmart, you can easily find all the vitamins and minerals that make it easier to lead a healthy lifestyle.
Why should you use supplements?
Nothing can replace a diet rich in minerals and vitamins, but when life gets busy and your stress levels rise, you may struggle to find the time to source and prepare nutritious dishes every day. By choosing nutrition supplements, you and your entire family can get the nutrition you need every day, no matter what life throws at you.
Alternatively, if you're overweight and would like to lose weight, you may find it helpful to use dieting supplements such as appetite suppressants or fat inhibitors that can control your appetite and help you deal with the constant feeling of hunger.
Vitamins and minerals
Besides supporting general health, vitamins and mineral supplements may help head off chronic conditions, so it's important to make sure that your risk of dietary deficiencies is low by taking supplements. Before making your choice, ensure that you know what to look for in a multivitamin supplement.
- Start by reading the label to identify the nutrients included as well as the amounts per serving.
- If you're looking for a daily supplement that's suitable for most individuals, get a combination of basic vitamins and minerals. Some of the essential ingredients in such supplements include vitamins C, B1, B2, B3, B6, A, folic acid, Vitamin E, iodine, zinc, magnesium, calcium and iron.
- Multiple types of multivitamins are targeted at helping individuals with specific conditions or nutritional needs. Women, for example, could take a supplement with folic acid when they're pregnant to help avoid some congenital disabilities. Middle-aged women can take calcium and vitamin D supplements to lower the risk of osteoporosis.
- Check the percentages to determine whether a certain supplement offers you 100 percent of the Daily Value (DV) for the vitamins and minerals included. You shouldn t take multivitamins that exceed the 100 percent recommended dose.
Proteins and meal replacements
Protein powders, protein bars and meal replacement supplements are a popular choice for those who engage in sports regularly. The human body needs large amounts of protein as part of a balanced diet, but just like in the case of vitamins and minerals, it may be difficult to get all the amount you need from food.
- protein shakes are available in multiple types, with the most common of them being protein concentrate, isolate and hydrolysate.
- Meal replacement shakes are often made with skim milk, and they're high in protein and fiber while being low in fat. They offer a high-energy meal, but they only have around 200 to 300 calories per serving.
- Protein bars are ideal for those moments you want a nutritious snack on the go.
If losing weight is your goal, diet supplements can help you by curbing cravings and suppressing your appetite. Remember that these supplements aren't magic pills for losing weight and that they work well in combination with a nutritious, low-calorie diet and regular exercise.
- Chromium diet supplements are available in tablet form and they do a good job at reducing excess body fat while helping your body maintain normal sugar levels.
- Control your diet with an everyday weight loss kit that come complete with everything you need to embrace healthy eating, offering you a variety of breakfast options and snacks.
- Slimming powders combine appetite suppressants with protein and other nutrients to boost your metabolism.
- Diet-specific supplements are available at Walmart, so you can find options that are tailored to the specific phases of various diets.