- Red Sox Accessories
- Red Sox Auto Accessories
- Red Sox Bath & Kitchen
- Red Sox Bedding & Blankets
- Red Sox Collectibles
- Red Sox Hats
- Red Sox Jerseys
- Red Sox Kids
- Red Sox Mens
- Red Sox On-Field
- Red Sox Outdoor
- Red Sox Pajamas, Sweatpants & Loungewear
- Red Sox Sweatshirts
- Red Sox T-Shirts
- Red Sox Vintage
- Red Sox Womens
- Red Sox Shop All
Boston Red Sox imagery
As with many sports teams, the Boston Red Sox are identifiable through a series of specific images. Learn more about the imagery that makes up the Sox visual identity so you can understand your options and make better choices on what fan merchandise might best suit your taste.
- Colors: The Red Sox stay true to their name with a patriotic team color palette. Classic, primary red is the main color used for Sox merchandise, with navy blue and white being secondary colors often used as accents. Most clothing merchandise makes use of some combination of these three colors. For example, red T-shirts may use navy blue lettering and showcase a red Sox logo outlined in white. Black can also be incorporated into some designs, but only as a minimal outline or accent color.
- Logos: Boston fans are likely to see two major logo types on merchandise. One, a capital letter B in the signature Red Sox font, is a classic and simple choice for fans who want to represent their love of the city of Boston in addition to the team. Some merchandise uses an image of two red socks, the vintage uniform component from which the team got its original name. This simple, cartoonish drawing of red socks often has white detailing, including white accents at the heel and toe. Sometimes, both logos are combined on a single piece of merchandise.
- Mascot: The Boston team mascot, Wally the Green Monster, is named for the iconic wall at Fenway Park, the historic home field of the Red Sox. Wally is a furry, green humanoid monster who is typically shown wearing a Red Sox uniform. Unlike some other MLB team, the Red Sox don't make regular use of Wally in their team imagery, though some merchandise aimed at children may feature his image. Wally has a little sister, Tessie, who is feminized version of the Wally design and may also appear on some kids' merch.
- Font: The Red Sox font is a distinctive capital letter font with a distinctive vintage appearance. The angular decorations on the Red Sox font recalls the design of vintage circus fonts, giving the team name a classic, festive look. Not all merch uses this official Red Sox logo font; some use more modern fonts. If you want to focus on fan gear that has more of a timeless look and vintage appeal, look out for items that use this classic font.
Finding unique Boston Red Sox fan gear
Red Sox fans are typically loyal and born into their love for the team. Chances are that if you're shopping for Sox merchandise, you already own a range of basic items like a logo hat and T-shirt. If you're looking for new items to add to your collection of Red Sox clothing, accessories and memorabilia, consider exploring these product types.
- Limited- or special-edition merchandise: The Sox may release new limited- or special-edition merchandise collections around special events, like the beginning of a new season or a major anniversary for the team. These collections typically consist of all-new designs that could include some items that are totally unlike the gear you already own.
- New player jerseys: Add new jerseys for the latest entries on your list of all-time favorite Red Sox players. Jerseys for legendary new Sox players also make great gifts for long-term fans.
- Rare memorabilia: Sports collectibles, from rare player cards to autographed jerseys and photos, can be a great way to branch out into new fan gear. Teams with such long and storied histories as the Red Sox often have a wide range of different rare memorabilia for fans to covet. These products often require a bit of research so you can determine what's rare and what's more common and determine your budget using that info.
- Home decor accessories: Not all fan gear is wearable. If you've already got a full wardrobe of Sox merchandise, why not branch out and outfit your home in red and navy as well? You can transform your favorite game-day viewing room into a Red Sox fan paradise or help get your kids into the team spirit by outfitting their bedrooms in Sox bedding and decor. There are a lot of possibilities for decorating your home once you start thinking outside the fan gear box.