Feeding & Nursing
- Baby Formula
- Bottle Feeding- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Breast Feeding- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Baby Food - use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Baby Food Makers
- Dishes & Utensils
- Sippy Cups
- Bibs & Burpcloths
- Highchairs & Booster Seats
- Pacifiers & Teethers
- Baby Savings
- Summer Baby Shop- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Baby Registry- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Baby Clean Living Shop
- Hello Bello
- Baby Innovation & Technology
- Disney Baby
- Skip Hop
- Curated Nursery Collections- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Premium Brands
- Gifts for Baby
- The Pregnancy Shop
- New Arrivals
- Walmart Exclusives
- Baby Best Sellers
- Baby Registry Checklist
- How to Create Your Baby Registry
- Baby Nursery Checklist
- Top Nursery Trends 2019
- Stroller Buying Guide
- Car Seat Buying Guide
- Baby Monitor Buying Guide
- Nursery Decorating Ideas
- Baby Feeding Basics
- Breastfeeding Buying Guide
- Car Seat Safety Guide
- Save Money on Baby Basics
- Hospital Checklist
- New Parent's Checklist
A guide for choosing the best baby feeding products
Feeding a baby requires a mix of patience and using the right accessories, so you should aim to have all the products you need on hand for each growth stage. From baby bottles and sterilizers to trainer cups and bowls for your little one, you can find everything you need at Every Day Low Prices at Walmart. Baby feeding accessories are vital for making a parent s life easier, so make sure you have everything you need before your baby arrives.
Essential breastfeeding accessories
Most new mothers prefer to breastfeed their little one at least for a couple of months after birth. Even though breastfeeding is a natural process that doesn t necessarily require any special equipment, there are multiple products available that can provide mothers with extra comfort and convenience.
- Breast pads are machine-washable or disposable pads that absorb any leakage that may occur during the nursing months.
- Nipple shields are useful when it comes to breastfeeding because they let the air circulate by keeping clothing away.
- nursing bras are easy to use when you breastfeed your baby because they come with special flaps so you don t have to remove articles of clothing.
- Use a nursing cover to maintain privacy when breastfeeding in a public place.
- Breast pumps exist in multiple forms, including manual and electric, and they provide a convenient solution for occasional pumping and storage.
- Ensure you can sit comfortably when you breastfeed your baby by using nursing pillows and stools that help you remain at a comfortable angle and height to avoid any back strain.
Baby bottles and teats
Even if you choose to breastfeed, you may still need bottles for those moments you have expressed milk. There are multiple types of baby bottles to choose from, with the main types being standard baby bottles, wide-neck baby bottles and anti-colic bottles.
- Standard baby bottles are narrow and cylindrical, being the most affordable choice around. they're often a good fit for most accessories such as sterilizers and bottle coolers.
- Wide-necked baby bottles are easier to fill and clean, but they're less versatile when it comes to sterilizers.
- Anti-colic bottles reduce the amount of air your baby swallows because they come with air vents or tubes. they're more expensive and may be trickier to clean.
- Baby bottle teats are made of silicone or latex, and they come in various shapes. Pay attention to the flow rate when shopping for bottle teats, as this determines how fast the milk goes into your baby s mouth.
When breastfeeding isn't possible, baby formula provides an excellent alternative, making it possible for both mom and dad to bond with the baby. Multiple types of baby formulas exist, and they come in various concentrations.
- Milk-based baby formulas are the most common type because they're the closest alternative to human breast milk.
- Soy-based formulas are a suitable choice for vegetarian and vegan families, as well as for babies who experience difficulty digesting regular milk-based formulas.
- Protein hydrolysate formulas are suitable for babies who don t tolerate milk and soy-based formulas. They contain protein that has been broken down into smaller sizes than in other types of formula.
Parents need to keep all the baby s bottles and other feeding equipment sterilized until the baby is at least one year old. The three main methods of sterilizing are the microwave steam method, electric steam method and cold-water method. Sterilizers exist for each of these methods, and all of them are easy to use.
Other feeding essentials
When your baby starts eating solid foods, you need to diversify the arsenal of feeding accessories with various types of baby utensils, dishes, baby spoons, sippy cups and more. A sturdy high chair is very helpful for the first few months of solid foods. Look for one that's safe and stable while being easy to clean at the same time. Your little one will also need training cups and specially designed bowls with gently curving sides that are easy to grip. Shallow spoons made from flexible plastic and bowls with a suction base that helps to prevent spillages are also good ideas for self-feeding baby and toddlers.