- Car Batteries
- EverStart Batteries
- Marine Batteries- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Mighty Max Battery
- Lawn and Garden Batteries
- Universal Power Group
- Chrome Battery
- Powersports Batteries
- OPTIMA Batteries
- Scooter Batteries
- Motorcycle Batteries
- RV Batteries
- AGM Batteries
- ATV Batteries
- Auto Battery Terminals and Battery Terminal Accessories
- Battery Accessories
- Marine Battery
- Mobility Scooter Batteries
- Truck Batteries
Stay powered on with essential car batteries
Your car's engine may run on gas but its electrical components, including the headlights, interior electronics and turn signal lights, run off a battery. When your car's battery is old, drained or otherwise not working properly, you may experience problems ranging from a sluggish engine start to leaking battery acid or a "check engine" light on your dashboard.
Whether you're performing routine maintenance or trying to quickly solve an unexpected battery problem, Walmart has the supplies you need to get the job done at Every Day Low Prices. Walmart's automotive department offers a variety of car battery options in different sizes and voltages in addition to useful battery-related accessories such as portable battery chargers, jumper cables and charging system monitors.
Many of the batteries and accessories are available with free two-day shipping or same-day in-store pickup so you can quickly get your car or truck back up and running.
Car and truck batteries aren't the only vehicle battery options available. You can a find a variety of battery options for other vehicles, adding convenience and efficiency to your shopping experience. You don't have to look anywhere else for your vehicle battery shopping needs.
- Marine batteries: From small motor boats to large yachts, we offer batteries that can suit a large variety of boat types and sizes in a range of different voltages, amperages and dimensions. We also offer both lead acid and lithium-ion marine batteries, giving you the ability to choose just the right replacement for your boat. Some of these batteries are also designed for crossover use with recreational vehicles (RV).
- Lawn and garden batteries: Though they usually aren't as large as a car battery, lawnmowers and other lawn equipment have batteries that need to be replaced periodically. Our assortment of lawn and garden batteries includes those for both riding and walking electric lawn mowers. Batteries come from a range of different manufacturers, including Snapper, Black & Decker, Sears, Yard Man and Toro.
- Power sport batteries: Motorcycles, scooters, ATVs and snowmobiles need batteries, too, and we've got a great selection of batteries that are specially made for these power sport vehicles. Find replacement batteries for power sport vehicles made by brands including Yamaha, Honda and Harley-Davidson in this department.
- Other batteries: Walmart also offers assorted batteries for vehicles and motorized electronic devices not listed above. From wheelchairs to kids' toy ride-on cars, we offer the same convenient in-store or home-delivery service for these assorted specialty batteries as we do for all our other battery options in the Car Batteries department.
Replacing your car battery
In most cases, a car battery should be properly disposed of and replaced with a brand-new battery after three years of use. If your battery is three years old or older and you're experiencing issues like sluggish engine ignition or a complete electrical failure caused by a dead battery, it's worth it to simply replace the old model rather than trying to jump start or charge.
In some cases, your car's battery may need to be replaced sooner. For example, if your battery is being drained by a faulty electrical component in the car's audio system, that could lead to the need for early replacement. Multimeters and other battery testers can tell you when your battery is nearing the end of its lifespan, but you can also err on the side of caution and opt for replacement if you know your battery is nearing the three year mark or if you have some sort of electrical system issue that's causing a drain. Recommended replacement times for other vehicle battery types may vary.
Battery selection assistance
While you can often determine what kind of battery to buy for your vehicle by looking at what's currently under the hood, that's not always sufficient. If you aren't sure what kind of replacement battery you need for a given car, truck, lawnmower, boat or power sport vehicle, Walmart offers assistance both online and in store.
Our online Walmart Battery Finder tool allows you to input information like vehicle type, make, model and engine type to determine the right battery match for your needs. It's a simple way to ensure you don't accidentally pick out the wrong battery, which can actually be dangerous to install.