A glam room looks like it takes a lot of work to put together, but with just a few pieces you'll have a room worthy of old Hollywood royalty. If you want to take a bold approach, we have gorgeous pieces of furniture and light fixtures that will stand out in any home. Want a more subtle look? Check out our collection of lush fur throws and eye-popping vases for just the right amount of high-end luxury.
The beauty of a glam room is in the details. A bold blue velvet sofa paired with a round gold glass table and a black-and-white geometric rug is the perfect mix of luxury and art deco. If you want to start small, consider a velvet arm chair in the corner with a small gold side table. Place a small vase of fresh flowers on the table and you have a gorgeous, glam corner to call your own.
- Another tip for creating a glam room involves pairing textures you wouldn't normally put together. For instance, pair your velvet pillow with a rose gold sculpture. Or a faux fur throw with a glossy decorative tray. Look for furniture that has gold accents and hairpin legs. A geometric pattern paired with a floral accent also works in a glam room. If you're working on a budget, consider starting off with a side chair in transparent white with gold legs. Or a gold and glass side table with a gold baroque picture frame. Remember, the smallest of details can take a room from ordinary to glam.
Your bedroom is the perfect place to go big on the glam look. Think of old Hollywood starlets. The bed should have a lush comforter and plenty of pillows. You'll also want mirrored accents, chandelier lighting, and more than one contrasting area rug to pull the look together.
- Start off with the bed. A canopy bed in a champagne gold finish and a dark, textured headboard is the perfect complement to a plush, cream-colored bed set. Pair it with some bold pillows. Think leopard, floral, or dark velvet. A faux fur throw on the end of the bed completes the look.
- A simple white dressing table with a small, geometric vase full of roses and a gold mirror is perfect for a glam bedroom. If you don't have a large bedroom you can still pull off this look. Choose a dressing table that fits your room and accent it from there.
- Consider two small nightstands for either side of the bed with matching rose gold lamps. The symmetry of the tables will catch your eye and will also provide the perfect amount of light once the sun sets.
- A glam room needs a chandelier. This is the place to go big. Look for a chandelier with crystal accents or even with gold framed bulbs.
Think you can't go glam in an office? Think again. An office with simple glam accents is easy to achieve and will help you go to work in style.
- Look for a desk that has an art deco feel to it. This means hair pin legs, a mirrored writing surface, and metallic and platinum accents.
- An office chair in a bright pop of velvet or suede is the perfect amount of glam. Look for chairs in gorgeous shades of teal or royal blue.
- A clear glass and gold bookcase is not only glam but doubles as a great storage space as well. Look for bookcases with geometric or round patterns on the sides.
- Complete the look with gold bookends on the desk and an elegant table lamp. Since glam is all about pairing textures together, consider a stacked gold lamp with a cream shade or even an antique-looking brass desk lamp.
Wall art is a place where you can make a room your own. In a glam room, the walls are a simple white, cream, or gray, so the options are endless when it comes to finding a print to match the room.
- You can't go wrong with a gorgeous canvas of roses in a dark frame. Or a close-up picture of a pair of expensive-looking high heels. You can also pair two pictures together in matching frames. For a timeless look, consider putting photos of your favorite old Hollywood starlets in matching frames next to each other.
- If you can't decide on a print, try putting a large gold framed mirror above a piece of furniture. You can also add some gold sconces to a wall for a vintage look you'll fall in love with.