- Best SellerCurrent Price$14.96$14.96NextDay eligibleon orders $35+Free pickup today
- Current Price$18.46$18.46NextDay eligibleon orders $35+Free pickup today
- Product TitleWilson NCAA Street Shot Basketball, Official - 29.5"Current Price$14.96$14.96List Price$20.00$20.00NextDay eligibleon orders $35+Free pickup today
- ClearanceCurrent Price$16.97$16.97List Price$20.95$20.952-day deliveryon orders $35+Current Quantity: 0 .
- Current Price$14.13$14.13 - $33.80$33.802-day deliveryon orders $35+
- Product TitleSpalding Pro Tack basketballCurrent Price$18.46$18.46NextDay eligibleon orders $35+Free pickup today
- Product TitleSpalding NBA Grip Control 29.5" BasketballCurrent Price$24.96$24.962-day deliveryon orders $35+Free pickup todayCurrent Quantity: 0 .
- Product TitleSpalding NBA Max Grip 29.5" BasketballCurrent Price$29.94$29.94Free pickup todayCurrent Quantity: 0 .
- Product Variants SelectorCurrent Price$9.91$9.91 - $14.99$14.99
- NewProduct TitleAND1 SUPREME GRIP BASKETBALL COLOR (PINK/GREEN)Current Price$9.97$9.97List Price$19.97$19.97Free pickup todayCurrent Quantity: 0 .
Whether you're playing for fun with friends and family, or looking to take your skills to the next level, at Walmart you'll find a great selection of basketballs so you can get more out of your time on the court. Here a few things to look out for so you can find the right one for you.
Get a good grip
Like similar sports that require a heavy amount of handling such as football or baseball, having a good ball is essential. One of the key signs of a good basketball is its grip: the more robust the grip, the easier it will be to dribble, pass and shoot during games. Depending on how you often you play, you may also want to check for fabric construction, to see how the basketball will fare in certain conditions. For example, basketballs made for outdoor use will be able to withstand harsh weather conditions better than a basketball made only for indoor use. Walmart also offers a great selection of indoor/outdoor basketballs, too, so that no matter where you are, your basketball is never out of place.
Pick the right size
While anyone can pick up a ball and start playing basketball, it's important that you get the right size. If you have kids under 9, you want to pick up a basketball that is 27.5". For 12-year olds and above, go with a larger 29.5" basketball. Buying the right basketball size is important because it will determine how easy or difficult it will be to handle the basketball when playing.