- NewProduct Variants SelectorSponsored ProductProduct TitleKILZ Over Armor Wood/Concrete Coating, 1 gallonCurrent Price$29.87$29.87List Price$35.99$35.99Free delivery on orders over $35
- Reduced PriceCurrent Price$29.37$29.37 - $44.34$44.34Sold & shipped by BuilderDepot, Inc.
- Product TitleWeathered Gray Rust-Oleum Ultimate Wood Stain, QuartCurrent Price$8.97$8.972-day deliveryon orders $35+Free pickup today
- Only at WalmartProduct TitleGlidden Redwood Stain Exterior 1-GallonCurrent Price$8.97$8.97Free delivery on orders over $35Free pickup today
- Product TitleFlood CWF-UV Penetrating Wood Finish - CedarCurrent Price$28.50$28.50 - $158.50$158.50Free delivery on orders over $35
- Current Price$16.83$16.83 - $56.00$56.00Sold & shipped by Supply the Home
- Best SellerCurrent Price$10.54$10.54Free delivery on orders over $35
- Reduced PriceProduct TitleMinwax Dark Walnut Wood Finish Stain MarkerCurrent Price$7.40$7.40 - $32.23$32.23Sold & shipped by T&S HardwareFree delivery
- Current Price$19.96$19.96Free delivery on orders over $35Free pickup today
- Product TitleCabernet Rust-Oleum Ultimate Wood Stain, Half PintCurrent Price$5.97$5.97(74.6 ¢/fl oz)Free delivery on orders over $35
What types of wood finishes are eco-friendly?
Natural oils and waxes are the most eco-friendly of wood finishes. Beeswax and linseed oil, as well as safflower oil and carnauba wax, are "green" finishes. Water-based varnishes and stains have good green ratings.
How do I apply a wood stain?
Apply a thin coat of wood conditioner first so the stain doesn t leave blotches on the wood. Then apply stain with a brush or a rag, whichever you prefer. Work both with the grain and against it when using a brush. Wipe off all excess stain going in the direction of the grain of the wood.
Can I mix stains for a customized color?
You can combine stains as long as both stains are made by the same manufacturer and both are either water-based or oil-based.